Tone's Mq Triton Exceed

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
A few weeks ago the last day of financial year I had some time to kill and driving past Mitsubishi I decided to have another look at the Triton which I nearly bought last year in QLD. I had decided to keep our old ML triton which has been a great vehicle and at 140,000km on it, it was either sell it or keep it for another 100,000km+. Anyway spur of the moment, end of financial deals and business tax stuff I walked out with a white Exceed, no trade as I didn't have time to get it all done before the days end. The only thing I got done was got them to change the god awful standard wheels to the GLS wheels.
image.jpeg

bloke

Apr 25, 2016
Bendigo
Looking good mate! I test drove one a few weeks back, and really liked the new model. I will be sticking with my MN for the time being with only 77k on the clock.

Funny you mention the wheel change. I told our local dealer that if I was to buy one, I too would be requesting the swap to the GLS wheels! Those GLS wheels look much nicer than the exceed standards!

Enjoy mate, keep us posted on the rig performance and mods.

Reactions: Tone

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Looking good mate! I test drove one a few weeks back, and really liked the new model. I will be sticking with my MN for the time being with only 77k on the clock.

Funny you mention the wheel change. I told our local dealer that if I was to buy one, I too would be requesting the swap to the GLS wheels! Those GLS wheels look much nicer than the exceed standards!

Enjoy mate, keep us posted on the rig performance and mods.
I have already been putting a list together, getting an ARB rear summit bar tomorrow, and enquirer about an ecu tune today.

Reactions: bloke

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Missed it by that much... Just another excuse for a catch up. Look forward to hearing your review once you've had a chance to hook it up and compare it to the old bus...

And yes, those wheels.... ugh.

Which ECU tune you thinking of going?

Reactions: Tone

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Missed it by that much... Just another excuse for a catch up. Look forward to hearing your review once you've had a chance to hook it up and compare it to the old bus...

And yes, those wheels.... ugh.

Which ECU tune you thinking of going?
I have a tune by EcuTek from Revzone on my old triton which is great but they are expensive. The Hp-Factory do the same tune but $700 cheaper and get good feedback. The ECU tune has only just been released for the MQ so I might wait awhile.

Reactions: bloke and Smergen

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Looks schmick mate... Been wanting to see one on a car in the flesh, other than in promo shots. Quite different than normal ARB rear bars.

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
God I Love credit cards. Just ordered a White ARB Summit bar and after a lot of deliberating and reading between OME and Ultimate I went for OME been local and got a pretty good package with all the other stuff. Had OME on my last two Utes and have been great and I drive on some pretty rough roads for work. I was going to wait to have a look at the Melb 4x4 show but only leave 3 ish weeks before Flinders to get it all done.