Discovery The Disco Is Here

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Sorry i remember these pics now :) ....very nice!

:)!!!

Great news its all getting sorted out mate. It will be a maiden trip that you will never forget. I really do like this layout too I may get to check one out in the flesh oneday.

Have a safe trip and a great Xmas too and keep us posted of your trip as some of us are stuck working :smile:

Will do mate car is in with the mechanic having the part changed over so I will hopefully get it back today and take it for a boot up the freeway to see how she is going now.

Hopefully I can get some fishing in soon to!

I love my 17-55-5 SH. We couldnt fill it up either. A fair step up from the hawk. That premium care is excellent, I havent used it yet but my brother save a bucket load on a disaster holiday last year.

Very true love the 17.55.5 SH great van!!!

Premium care is gold, just being able to make one call and its all done is the best thing and allows you to focus on what's important the family :)!!!

fishinglizard

Nov 4, 2012
West of Sydney East of Lithgow
do you have a tv bracket in yours? I noticed to the left of the microwave (where your fridge is) they have installed and extra panel of wood, wich I assume is extra support for the only place you could put a tv bracket in that layout?

Lizard

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Hey Lizard...

Next to the fridge or microwave? They are on different sides :)

I don't have a TV bracket though the sits on the bench next to the stove top facing the double bed.

I also have another tv outside on a drop down table....

fishinglizard

Nov 4, 2012
West of Sydney East of Lithgow
This is the outside and inside. Theres an extra panel. image.jpg
It looks and feels sturdy enough?

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
expanda, looking at image that ends in 502 the one from the front with awning out, noticed that there looks as if there is an additional piece kind off reinforced piece of material on the awning coming away from the van, OR is this the color. i thought that color shading is towards the roll.

does any else have this?? Pace.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Wow, what an adventure already. Keep the updates coming and i hope the mighty Pathy is back on track soon for you.

PS I still love this layout, more photos please:yo:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Good story, expanda, with some good pics as well. Top cover with NRMA or RACQ up here is a must, well worth the extra cost.

Hopefully you will be up and running sometime today. Looking forward to catching up again on our home patch later in the week.

P.S. Elaine says we will have one of the same if we could get the same deal you did. :jaw:

MrsExpanda

Site Founder
Nov 29, 2012
Sydney
Hi all pathy is still in hospital as the transplant parts are still enroute....

Taking the NRMA hire car just now so we can get around still and take the kids to theme parks and currumbin rock pools tomorrow.

From expanda i....

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
G'day expanda and Mrs expanda, here are a couple of photos of the blown hose on the Navara which sounds similar to your problem. My symptoms were just a high pitch whistleing while driving with a sluggish throttle response. Thank goodness it did not cause any major problems as it was sucking air in after the air filter and could have sucked anything into the turbo.

DSCN8409.JPG DSCN8411.JPG

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Yep looks very similar to the spot where the mechanic says we have the split.....

Where you towing at that point or not towing???

Our was slightly noticeable whilst not towing but 100000000000000000000000000000000000% noticeable as soon as we put any load on it.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
It almost looks like that pipe needs to be a flexible braided hose :noidea:

Although with the heat of the turbo it would only have a certain servicable life.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
They have changed the material composition to one which is not so affected by oil but I have also blanked the EGR so no oil is passed back through the pipe.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I think that is what went on ours quite a while back also.
Ours was still under warranty back then so Nissan just replaced it.

Keep up the pics expanda. Nice looking van.

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
I broke down last school holidays towing the van to Jayco (auto electrician stuffed up the Anderson plug wiring very big time) but I had the factory road side assist which towed the car to the dealer (Toowoomba) but I had to pay to have the van towed behind. I believe the car cost just under $2000 to tow ($2000 is the limit that road side assist will cover) and the van cost $350 to Toowoomba plus another $160 to Jayco in Brisbane. Was an expensive first service but could have been worse......