Discovery The Disco Is Here

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
expanda, looking at image that ends in 502 the one from the front with awning out, noticed that there looks as if there is an additional piece kind off reinforced piece of material on the awning coming away from the van, OR is this the color. i thought that color shading is towards the roll.

does any else have this?? Pace.

Hey pace, nope just the colouring no reinforcement :)

Maybe its silicone???

Wow, what an adventure already. Keep the updates coming and i hope the mighty Pathy is back on track soon for you.

PS I still love this layout, more photos please:yo:

Another convert :)!!!

More pics coming once I get the car back!!!

Good story, expanda, with some good pics as well. Top cover with NRMA or RACQ up here is a must, well worth the extra cost.

Hopefully you will be up and running sometime today. Looking forward to catching up again on our home patch later in the week.

P.S. Elaine says we will have one of the same if we could get the same deal you did. :jaw:

Sounds good mate we are looking forward to it as well :)!!!

And let Elaine know she should come down and check out the van in the flesh.....

Nope, no towing just local driving. If I had been towing probably would have had similar symptoms to you. :becky:

Yep its lucky you weren't towing let me tell you it was certainly entertaining :)!

It almost looks like that pipe needs to be a flexible braided hose :noidea:

Although with the heat of the turbo it would only have a certain servicable life.

It doesn't look that strong but the mechcanic told me its a high pressure pipe that needs to be a genuine fit.

That said if the part doesn't arrive today I may just go down this path and do it myself....

They have changed the material composition to one which is not so affected by oil but I have also blanked the EGR so no oil is passed back through the pipe.

Interesting points!!!

I think that is what went on ours quite a while back also.
Ours was still under warranty back then so Nissan just replaced it.

Keep up the pics expanda. Nice looking van.

Seems to be a common fault then by the sounds of it maybe time a sticky for all pathy owners to carry some magic tape to seal the pipe when it eventually does go :)!

I broke down last school holidays towing the van to Jayco (auto electrician stuffed up the Anderson plug wiring very big time) but I had the factory road side assist which towed the car to the dealer (Toowoomba) but I had to pay to have the van towed behind. I believe the car cost just under $2000 to tow ($2000 is the limit that road side assist will cover) and the van cost $350 to Toowoomba plus another $160 to Jayco in Brisbane. Was an expensive first service but could have been worse......

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure how much it cost to tow the pathy and van up here but i am guessing it wouldn't have been cheap.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Okay well the pathy is back on the road and feels like a million bucks.

Time for some vomit inducing fun at the theme parks ohhhhhhhhhhhh and some snaps of base camp -

IMG_20121219_124525.jpgIMG_20121219_124236.jpgIMG_20121219_124103.jpgIMG_20121219_124438.jpg IMG_20121219_124416.jpgIMG_20121219_125317.jpgIMG_20121219_125522.jpg

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Good to see you tidied up before the posting the pics mate :flame:

Looks like a great family layout :thumb: enjoy yur trip
PS, Great news about the Pathy too!!

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Great Looking van Expanda! I bet you're glad to have it! You've been vanless for a while now.

How did the theme parks go? I went to DW & WWW with our 8 year old as a report card reward and went on the Buzz Saw, Tower of Terror II, Shockwave, giant drop, Flow Rider, Wedgie, BRO, RIP and a few others. I think the worst was the Wedgie..... have the floor fall from under you, dropping at over 100km with water going up your nose and not being physically able to open your eyes isn't the best feeling in the world. Lucky it also seems to be the fastest ride... over in about 3 seconds. Hope you're having lots of fun and that the weather improves too!

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Hey Expanda.
What material are you using on the slab, I am trying to find a good solution.
Also was great catching up the otherday

Hey mate, was good to meet you to and hope all is well with the family....

The stuff we use is this -

http://www.caravanrvparts.com.au/2-...-3-colour-for-camping-4x4-caravan-boat-or-rv/

We got a blue one in two size and depending on the slab size alternate it.

Its anti slip as well and is qutie comfy underfoot.

It should be available at most of the usual places though :)!

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Nice van guys.

Cheers!!!

Thanks, looked like it did, does that make it a little awkward getting in/out. unlike the Panda where the door opens out, draw back of that of course is water dribbling on the floor.

Yes can be a squeeze but given the bed location it has to open inwards or it would be near impossible to get in :)!!!

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Just got back from a 6 week shake down trip.

Van was excellent, few warranty items to look at nothing major but the van was excellent.

The best part was not having to deal with canvas and when wind or rain hit we could retreat to a little hide way and not even feel it.

Absolutely hands down love the discovery and very surprised the 17.55.5 SH is not a more popular model than it is.

It was also great to meet up with a few forum members and hope to meet up with more again soon!

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
The best part was not having to deal with canvas and when wind or rain hit we could retreat to a little hide way and not even feel it.

very surprised the 17.55.5 SH is not a more popular model than it is.

I rang Nowra the other day to see what they would have at Illawarra show this year, and they basically said the same thing and only sold 2 17.55.5 SH in last 12 mths

Also said they wouldn't have many of the new 2013's in because the factory didn't return till late january, looks like will have to wait for Rosehill in April to sus them out.

fishinglizard

Nov 4, 2012
West of Sydney East of Lithgow
I rang Nowra the other day to see what they would have at Illawarra show this year, and they basically said the same thing and only sold 2 17.55.5 SH in last 12 mths

Also said they wouldn't have many of the new 2013's in because the factory didn't return till late january, looks like will have to wait for Rosehill in April to sus them out.

One of em was to me!

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....

There is not much change in the 2013 range other than the larger van the 20" Expanda and the starcrafts.

I am honestly surprised why he Discovery doesn't get more interest than it does.

One thing that comes up in discussions is people are often scared by the bed size its a common question we get and in most cases when people actually see it in the flesh they are presently surprised.

We love the van, its easy to manage and has tonnes of storage and is very functional.

Sure it could be bigger but its a trade of as it means less to tow, less to clean and a more compact travel.

After spending 6 weeks surrounded by four solid walls it was worth every penny!