16' Series Stoked Expanda Purchase

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
not sure about others, but when we pickup our van new from CaravanLand, they gave us a $200 voucher to spend at "the toy shop"

so we brought the shade sides, as I was going to do at the time anyway
but there may be some bargains at the show..... price up Caravanland first, and also George Day across the road
air bags - get written quotes for the players - ARB / ORE / Opposite Lock, them all then make a decision
why.......???
I got quoted (verbal) for a rear awning at a great price - pickup Tuesday after show - passed up on a good price there and then at another place, when I went on the Tuesday to pay & pickup - well bugger me, price rise, and they didnt have one for 2 weeks anyway......
out smarted myself.........

yes @David Spencer I would get the side table
- I looked at getting one off fleabay and fitting it myself, then looked at the pin stripping and that on the side of the Van, and thought - "hmm factory fitted looks better"

when looking at the "cheap" wireless rear cameras - remember how far is it from the rear of the Van to the monitor
some have 5mt range - great
except your Prado is 3.4m (there abouts) long to start with.........

food for thought..........

Reactions: dagree and Smirke

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
OH We did get hats but not during pickup... We have one of Caravanland's salesmen stay just behind us each year at Busselton. We supplied the fresh fish and he supplied the head gear ;)

Reactions: Drover and Smirke

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
We got hats, coffee mugs and can coolers and the 10% card. Obviously paid too much for our 21 footer :)

Dang nabbit

I got the Hats (4 off) and the Voucher
then at the next show, Ken gave us 2 of those blow up Jay Birds..........

might have to go speak to him again soon-ish............

Coffee Mugs............
Stubbie holders...........

some people......

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Will have to speak to Jim re: coffee mugs and stubbie holders....... Plenty of others looking for fresh fish ;)

Reactions: skippy

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
We got a pair of hats, 2 stubbie holders, a Jayco frisbie and a picnic rug. Plus the 10% for 12 months in their shop. Also got 12 months membership to Top Tourist Parks and can write of for 6 months membership to another park group. :clap2:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I've got a Stubbie holder , brand new came with an empty can of beer though. IFound in the bin at Red Rock.

Last edited:

David Spencer

Feb 6, 2015
Ended up going with the one gas bottle, picnic table, extended draw bar, 16" wheels. Will get some prices on sundry items prior to Caravan show then see what I can pick up there. Re getting extra out of the sales man...not a chance.

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Re getting extra out of the sales man...not a chance.

Also have a looky at other Caravan Dealers stores I have found some like Coffs Harbour Jayco to have far better prices than many others for bits and pieces. Places like Bunnings sell drinking water and drain hoses at a price that for 2 you couldn't buy one at a van shop and the brand is the same if not similar.
I have a little Independent van shop in Toowoomba that I go to and his prices leave all the others for dead, it's like going into Aladdins cave........................

Last edited: