Start of Mods

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Same issues here with the double sided tape curing up and drying out, Cruza would love to know where i could get that other tape.
Cheers

I used a couple of dots of silicone (silastic) Worked well, only done a few lights so far as I do them as the tape fails.

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
image.jpg

Ok this one is my wife's idea and she told me I had to put it on here, she was after more hanging space for the kids clothes so come up with this idea of putting a small clothes rack between the microwave cupboard and the overhead cupboard that doesn't open up at the rear of the van. I must say I was sceptical at first but it turned out to be a great idea.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
That is a great idea Chooky ! I'm spewin now cause there's no little gap in my 17 to do the same, only drawback from converting wardrobe to shelves.

Reactions: Chooky

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Ok so a couple of more Mods done, wasn't happy with the stone guard so decided to remove it and put my alloy box that I had on my Swan and order a StoneStomper. Started off making a bracket the same as the one on the other side of A frame for the gas bottle and welding it on, then just a matter of bolting the box on, it's nothing flash with drawers or anything but it will do for now. Another mod was to fit and wire up the outside light for the external shower and fit switch inside. Just tapped into the 12 volt wiring for the range hood. Also a couple of months ago my wife made the curtains for the bunk beds which turned out great, we just bought all the material and tracks from jayco and my wife sewed them together.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Next on the list will be more 12v sockets and USB chargers inside, then some doors for the air con unit under the van, 12v fans for the fridge, new rear bar with tow bar hitch receiver for a bike rack, repositioning the spare wheel to under the van, and mounting some lights in the bunk beds for the kids and there's probably more but that's all I can think of for now. Slowly getting ready for the big trip and meet up at Cameron Corner.

Reactions: seanparky

seanparky

Jul 19, 2012
Brisbane
View attachment 17263
Ok this one is my wife's idea and she told me I had to put it on here, she was after more hanging space for the kids clothes so come up with this idea of putting a small clothes rack between the microwave cupboard and the overhead cupboard that doesn't open up at the rear of the van. I must say I was sceptical at first but it turned out to be a great idea.

Great mod and great idea. Can i ask how you made and installed this. Would give me browny points with the missus. cheers

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Great mod and great idea. Can i ask how you made and installed this. Would give me browny points with the missus. cheers
Hi @seanparky it's just the same sort of chrome curtain rod that you put it your wardrobe at home, just bought it all from bunnings. The hard part was getting the screws in as there's not much room, I think from memory I said a few choice words doing them.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
I also put removable shelves in the wardrobe and replaced the useless rail in there at the same time for when I want to hang clothes up.
image.jpg

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Well the Mods have started, had a go at the awning clothesline and was surprised how easy it was and looks great. Also had some black pinchweld from a previous job so cut some up and fitted on step as seen on another thread. Only small Mods so far but many more to come.View attachment 11716View attachment 11715View attachment 11717View attachment 11718

What did you use to attached the shackle to the awning leg @Chooky ?

Good idea with the tubbing for a cloths hanger too.

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
As in rivets or bolts do you mean @skippy , if so I used stainless counter sunk bolts with nyloc nuts.
@Chooky I am assuming that the counter sunk part of the bolt is on the inside of the awning arm so it clears the other part of the awning arm that folds up inside and then the nylon's are on the shackle side?