Start of Mods

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Well the Mods have started, had a go at the awning clothesline and was surprised how easy it was and looks great. Also had some black pinchweld from a previous job so cut some up and fitted on step as seen on another thread. Only small Mods so far but many more to come. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
Great job mate. The clothesline is one of the first mods I want to do when the expanda comes in. Great job on the step too.

Reactions: Chooky

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Yeh we take the line off and roll it up because you can't open the door with it on, only takes a minute to undo the turn buckle and remove.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Nice job chooky.
Does the line stay up all the time?
I could imagine this would help in keeping the posts of the awning aligned when in clipping them from the van.

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
No Brad I have to take it down to be able to open the door so it's just a matter of loosening the turn buckle and unclipping the other end.

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Thanks for the positive feedback on the couple of Mods guys, my LEDS turned up the other day so I fitted them up today and I must say they were so easy to fit, all done in about 5 mins and I'm more than happy with the amount of light they throw out and it's a much nicer light also. The only problem I had was the double sided tape was already coming off a few of them so had to replace that on some of them.image.jpg

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Thanks for the positive feedback on the couple of Mods guys, my LEDS turned up the other day so I fitted them up today and I must say they were so easy to fit, all done in about 5 mins and I'm more than happy with the amount of light they throw out and it's a much nicer light also. The only problem I had was the double sided tape was already coming off a few of them so had to replace that on some of them.View attachment 11825

Not sure what others have thought about their double sided tape, but on my LEDs the tape has curled and hardened in some of the lights due to the heat.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I managed to get the tape used by windcreen compamies that restick there eTags on with, it has been great. I'm not sure on the brand but I will try and find out for you.

I have even left the lights on for 2 days by accident :tape: and it didn't affect the tape.

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
I managed to get the tape used by windcreen compamies that restick there eTags on with, it has been great. I'm not sure on the brand but I will try and find out for you.

I have even left the lights on for 2 days by accident :tape: and it didn't affect the tape.

Same issues here with the double sided tape curing up and drying out, Cruza would love to know where i could get that other tape.
Cheers