Start of Mods

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Couple more things ticked of the list today, re-wired the Anderson Plug so it's charging the batteries in the van and not just there for running the fridge, just need my Ctek charger now. Also fitted and wired in my Fridge Switch.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: mfexpanda

rcf

Jun 15, 2014
Gladstone Qld
Ok so a couple of more Mods done, wasn't happy with the stone guard so decided to remove it and put my alloy box that I had on my Swan and order a StoneStomper. Started off making a bracket the same as the one on the other side of A frame for the gas bottle and welding it on, then just a matter of bolting the box on, it's nothing flash with drawers or anything but it will do for now. Another mod was to fit and wire up the outside light for the external shower and fit switch inside. Just tapped into the 12 volt wiring for the range hood. Also a couple of months ago my wife made the curtains for the bunk beds which turned out great, we just bought all the material and tracks from jayco and my wife sewed them together. View attachment 22451View attachment 22452 View attachment 22453View attachment 22456 View attachment 22457
View attachment 22460
Hey chooky gr8 mods there,where did u get the curtain rails from,i want to put some in the van when we get it. thanks

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Great idea putting the fridge switch there .
How have you found it ?
I'm so over pulling out the Anderson plug if we park for a longer stop .

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Great idea putting the fridge switch there .
How have you found it ?
I'm so over pulling out the Anderson plug if we park for a longer stop .
Hi @mfexpanda I haven't used the van yet since I fitted it but I did the bounce test and it turned on straight away so it does work, I think it's going to be great when we use it and the position I put it is where they recommend to put it in the instructions so hopefully it goes ok.

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Well a few more jobs off the list today, wired in my dc-dc ctek charger, changed out all the LEDs in the van to some brighter 5050 LEDs (massive difference) and climbed under the van and did a bit more stone protection, covered all exposed wiring with conduit and covered all vulnerable plastic water fittings with the foam air/con insulation, also put a piece of rubber over the main area where all hoses and fittings are. Less than 2 weeks now before we leave for the Corner multi-state meet.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg