StarCraft 17:58.3 Mk11

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Just when I thought I was out of ideas!!!!!!!!!
Thanks to @Shane Norwell and @achjimmy the extendable legs will soon be fitted to the expanda and some wooden blocks removed from storage :) Unfortunately being Good Friday, and nothing open, it won't happen today!

Fitted the 30mm duragal tubes as per @Shane Norwell excellent idea. How great is the forum for helping out?

Twice I have had to pack under the jacks because there not long enough

View attachment 31189

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
300mm sounds close enough to me too...... Can't think of any situation needing that much packing :o

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I left the 70c thermostat in the same place I prevuisly had the 50c And I ran the fridge again this afternoon. It's a fair bit cooler than the other day. The fan never cut in and the tube got to 53c so Iam hoping this is the right spot for it? About half way down the tube it was 56c

image.jpg

Last edited:

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I left the 70c thermostat in the same place I prevuisly had the 50c And I ran the fridge again this afternoon. It's a fair bit cooler than the other day. The fan never cut in and the tube got to 53c so Iam hoping this is the right spot for it? About half way down the tube it was 56c

View attachment 31193
Dometic put the thermostat down the bottom tube right near the elements

Reactions: achjimmy

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
thetford on the fan fridges put it in the fins at the top. I don't know what temp they use.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
What is it with Jayco and loose 12v wires everywhere? We had a loose lead behind the fridge and now one behind the TV

Took the back cover off the TV amplifier to feed up a control wire and thought whiles it's all apart I will run a bit of dedicated 6mm to the booster. The signal cuts out when the water pump runs and while I am not sure it's voltage drop I had the chance to eliminate it. There was a spare 12v lead (at least taped up this time)

So I used it to feed an extra 12v double point in that side and a single on the other using the now redundant booster 12v. Didn't even have to determinate the wires

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Well the mod I started 3-4 weeks ago is finished i just gotta get it tested. It's Truma gas heater. Fair bit of install but I am pretty happy with how it came up.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
More holes to drill. The exhaust is governed by regs as to where it can go. Also the bend can't be too tight or aprantely they give grief?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: 17triton

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
This is exactly the thing I want to do for ours.
How long was the install all up?

BJ.

I don't know BJ but you wouldnt have wanted to be paying me by the hour, or day probably lol . But I knew it wasn't the easiest install and a tradesmen's gotta do it and get on and I wanted to be a bit fussy. I would say if you had everything maybe a big day? But they are so regulation bound you need to read up not just the manuals but the AGA regs (cause the manual is wrong!) and they won't suit every van. That's where the diesel can be good, I just didn't want to carry another fuel source (or the weight)

Reactions: Bmhdg76

halbster

May 13, 2014
Looks good Jimmy. Was that rear gas point standard as ours is almost directly under the door which is not the ideal spot to put your bbq.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Looks good Jimmy. Was that rear gas point standard as ours is almost directly under the door which is not the ideal spot to put your bbq.

Yes mate it was just behind the rear wheel. Not great either but I asked for a rear bbq point and that's what I got. Anyway now it's at the rear of the chassis rail and the front is next to the drop Jack. Both allow the weber to be outside the awning.

Reactions: cruza driver