StarCraft 17:58.3 Mk11

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
We've got something similar, although the cheaper kind though the thread is not as good. Less effort is always good.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
we have some Aldi ones.. in the high winds and rain which soaked into the ground a few pulled out which I was not happy with up at Tocomwal.
Might look to spend the $'s

Yeah the aldi ones didn't rate real high when I googled them. Like I said coach screws work too but I think these will be better in soft stuff. The other day at Forster they wouldn't screw all the way in but it doesn't matter you just lock the rope clip down low and they hold. They also have a plate for fitting around your awning leg .

Reactions: davemc and bigcol

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Been a busy 12mths with work and personal dealings and our plan to get away every month has taken a hit. So has the mods sadly. But re enthused now a bit of time has crept in. I've ordered some things. First small mod was finally bought a gear bag for the spare wheel. We never leave rubbish but I hate puting the gabarge bags in the back of the cruiser too. So now they will go here.

Although I am eyeing this bag as a potential Sulage hose bag as well. As I still haven't resolved that storage issue.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
sorry @achjimmy but I haven't been back through this thread but is the spare tyre location and mount factory or a mod.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Spent a few days in the van over January and the AC is just too damn noisey to run at night. Decided to look again at the caframo fans. Extremely good quality 12v fan with low power draw. Ordered one and mounted it up today. Chose end of wall cupboard where it can serve the bed, while cooking or the table. Tapped into the roof light circuit in the cupboard.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

swannie

Mar 20, 2016
Victoria

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Started sorting out the fuse circuit to the setec. Every box Jayco had ticked was wrong ffs.

image.jpeg

Reactions: Base23

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thank you, thank you @achjimmy just when I thought "Mods done " you come up with that fan, love it, just what we want.

Nice to know the power board fitter from 2009 is still working at Jayco.

Least he uses a faint green pen @Drover so it's easily marked over :encouragement:

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Unfortnatley the fridge didn't or wouldn't start! I had to end up igniting it from behind. Plus Jayco the clowns have out the vent offset so you can't easily access the burner box! I need to sort the fridge igniting problem cause it is getting in my tit. Once started on gas it re ignites easily.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
And I also suspected the fridge wasn't running in 12v. I checked at the back and no 12v so when home I had a look at the plug!

Iam through with running a fridge through anything but an Anderson plug. I should have known better, the wiring Jayco put in looks decent enough to be fair, but the plug is a fail.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: davemc

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep, I went for years using the 12pin, then it happened.......................................at least you know why your 12v didn't work, I'm still trying to work out why mine doesn't............................Could there be some sort of build up on the igniter which kills the spark until you light by hand and burns it off, spider or dreaded wasp nest ???