StarCraft 17:58.3 Mk11

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hey mate there's a whole heap of flavours and I got a few extras but probably looking at $250 for the jockey wheel, couple of extensions and base plate.

I should clarify when I am saying jockey wheel there is no wheel unless you buy it. I rarely use one so didn't. I can't recall how much the wheels were.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
do they have a few different hight mounting options (like 3 rings around them) and do they have more travel than the usless piece of crap the van comes with? I gotta say I have had a gut full of jockey wheels, I ranged them for my last employer, went to the factory and made some engineering changes etc but it all comes down to price in the end and that's why they are usless in the main I believe, cheers

EDIT I just had a look att he web site, forget the questions :frusty: I was just being lazy

Reactions: achjimmy

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks mate. I reckon I might look into this more. It's a little pricey but I reckon a decent investment.

Yeah I thought so too but its light and convienent and I like convienent things when Iam camping.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Jimmy which extension did you get? Did you get their drillbit I pretty sure I got something like that anyway?
Was thinking basic setup with a 100 and 200m extension would do and security bolt?

Dave I got the security screw, drive bit and knuckle for the leg, leg , 2x 100 extentions and 1 x 200 extention , leg baseplate and extention driver for drop jacks. You obviously don't the last item and you could go with a 300 extention but I figured the 2x 100 give me a little more flexibility. Give Bronwyn a call and tell her you have the same SC as Jim who was there Thursday.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thought about using my old Panasonic battery drill as its starting to age. But by the time I bought another battery and invertor for 12v I nearly got this kit. The 12v car charger was extra. Plus I can now get a ryobi dust buster to match. The 18v rattle gun looked handy as well?

Going to mount the charger under the bed and the drill in the boot.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Roosterman

Jul 18, 2015
Hunter Valley
Quick question mate, did you have an extra jockey wheel clamp fitted for what is pictured ?? or is this place your jockey wheel is located..

Great set up BTW

Cheers

Tricky

Nov 10, 2012
Eltham Victoria
Hi Jim,

Just re-read the entire post to get some ideas. What a great asset to the forum you are!

Thanks for sharing all your ideas - you should go into business modifying vans!!!

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Quick question mate, did you have an extra jockey wheel clamp fitted for what is pictured ?? or is this place your jockey wheel is located..

Great set up BTW

Cheers

Hi @Roosterman nah I bought the bracket and double jockey wheel clamp of Preston Chassis and welded it on myself. But the BOS jockey wheel would certainly go in the standard jockey wheel mount as well okay

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hi Jim,

Just re-read the entire post to get some ideas. What a great asset to the forum you are!

Thanks for sharing all your ideas - you should go into business modifying vans!!!

Thanks for the kind words @Tricky i am happy to contribute to this forum because it and it's members have provided me with lots of help and information over the years and continue to do so. Guess that's why it's called an "online community" ?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Took a heap of stuff back to bunnings today and grabbed the ryobi vac to go with the drill and charger . Seems a ripper and at least if the battery dies like it did on the sunbeam one I can replace it!

image.jpg

Going to get one of these lights to try as well. My Coleman camp lights have all died , batteries again! Hoping this "ryobi one" system works for me?

image.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I took my Coleman lamp back battery craked it, got a replacement it was 3 yrs old, but I still had the reciept............All my cordless stuff is Ryobi one big charger and a few batteries makes life easier all round.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Thought about using my old Panasonic battery drill as its starting to age. But by the time I bought another battery and invertor for 12v I nearly got this kit. The 12v car charger was extra. Plus I can now get a ryobi dust buster to match. The 18v rattle gun looked handy as well?

Going to mount the charger under the bed and the drill in the boot.

View attachment 34103 View attachment 34104 View attachment 34105
Hows that jockey wheel they look good work well ?????

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I took my Coleman lamp back battery craked it, got a replacement it was 3 yrs old, but I still had the reciept............All my cordless stuff is Ryobi one big charger and a few batteries makes life easier all round.
Good to hear drover, buggered if I know where my recipt is and it would be older anyway.mthought about trying to do it myself but tbh it was a big cumbersome thing anyway.

Reactions: Drover