Discovery Our Jayco Discovery

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
Ordered 3 new fly screens for our Jayco today from caravansplus, was thinking they'd cost a fortune but was surprised to find they were only $23 each.(Camec windows).
Now the big news...........drum roll
From Dec 17 we are hitting the road full time for a year or two, closing the doors on our business and plan to pick up a little work here and there. Oh, we cant wait.
This was our ultimate plan with selling our camper trailer and buying a van so has worked out well.
One big mod to do on van is to install positive air pressure via a blower. Plan to use a hilux air filter assy. and blower assy from a vehicle.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Sounds like a great plan, cover your air filter with foam so it's easier and cheaper to clean when needed. Just like a UniFilter.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Ordered 3 new fly screens for our Jayco today from caravansplus, was thinking they'd cost a fortune but was surprised to find they were only $23 each.(Camec windows).
Now the big news...........drum roll
From Dec 17 we are hitting the road full time for a year or two, closing the doors on our business and plan to pick up a little work here and there. Oh, we cant wait.
This was our ultimate plan with selling our camper trailer and buying a van so has worked out well.
One big mod to do on van is to install positive air pressure via a blower. Plan to use a hilux air filter assy. and blower assy from a vehicle.
Will watch the filter install with interest

Reactions: Passionfingers

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
image.jpg

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
After going through 3x hand pumps for drinking water tank, I gave up on them and bought a electric pump and tap. Flick switch at tap and away it goes. Will fit a non return valve to pipe line as well.
Replaced fly screen mesh with wire as well, bit stronger.
image.jpg
image.jpg

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Now you make me feel lazy I have just have a hose with a nozzle on the end.........................

Just as lazy as me @Drover ;)

Brilliant idea @Moto Mech :clap2:

hahahahaha
I beat both of you - yaaaaah, I'm lazier.......??????

I haven't even gotten around to getting a hose for the front as yet.................. besides, they have plenty of taps for you to use around the park......

Reactions: Drover and dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I saw a van that had crim safe sort of mesh in the door but wasn't able to ask about it, be perfect I think.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I saw a van that had crim safe sort of mesh in the door but wasn't able to ask about it, be perfect I think.
The Journey has a "crim safe" type door. I'm not sure if it is actually as safe as it looks but the main drawback is the mesh is fairly large and does let insects through it. I've toyed with the idea of finer mesh inside the door but it will cut off more of the fresh air through the door.
DSC_8703 1.jpg

Reactions: Drover