18' Series New release 18.58-2 OB ordered

Sturah

Oct 29, 2015
BrisVegas
Yes mate they do have a big ass. We use a wdh and find it takes a lot of the pitching or bouncing out of the ride. Just upgraded the suspension to makes it better again.
thanks for the info, i have already raised it up too. the sales man thinks its best to wait and see if it is required.

Sturah

Oct 29, 2015
BrisVegas
@Sturah you really have to get as many extras as possible as the price won't change a lot. They always have room to move, but I found it to more successful on the last day, and being end of month, you may be able to twist there arm a little more.
Thanks for the help! i hope that you enjoy your weekend with the rain. atleast the expanda is big enough to spend time inside, that so called "family time".
Done the deal yesterday ordered a 18.58 rolls off the line mid Feb, with the extras for today and tomorrow. so hopefully see it before easter in Bris
thanks again

Reactions: bigcol and Dean81

Dean81

Nov 18, 2012
Brisvegas, Qld
www.ausplay.net.au
Hi Dean,

Have you got any more photos for us?
Just sitting back wishing for the future.

Thanks
Peter[/QUOTE
] image.jpegimage.jpeg
All set up.

Kezshaz

Jun 29, 2015
Canberra
Hi all.
We collected our new 18:58.2 on Wednesday. It is fantastic however we have found a large number of problems.

The main problems are the bunk bed table (and does convert) not made to fit, a shower with 2 massive holes bogged, the fridge fan has 2 speeds and only working on one speed, rear bed end saging ( you can actually see that they have not cut the material correctly), big dents/chips in the cabinetry, front end bed velcro stuck to the mattress plastic cover and not adhered to the van, nor did they tell us that a gas bottle cover wouldn't fit with the extended draw bar and you can't even purchase the stone guard (from Jayco) as it doesn't fit the Expandas when the bed end is out. :(

Some faults with design are the front window cannot be opened when the door is opened, the toilet cassette is near your picnic table and you can't change/move the gas bayonet (front of van) as there are windows (some new safety issues). You also need to ensure you tell them if you want the washing machine provision - even though it is shown on the floor plan they assume you don't want it.

Make sure when yours arrives you go over it with a fine tooth comb!
Jayco did not really give a s%*t. All they wanted was the van out of their yard!

Aussiejet

Aug 12, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Hi all.
We collected our new 18:58.2 on Wednesday. It is fantastic however we have found a large number of problems.

The main problems are the bunk bed table (and does convert) not made to fit, a shower with 2 massive holes bogged, the fridge fan has 2 speeds and only working on one speed, rear bed end saging ( you can actually see that they have not cut the material correctly), big dents/chips in the cabinetry, front end bed velcro stuck to the mattress plastic cover and not adhered to the van, nor did they tell us that a gas bottle cover wouldn't fit with the extended draw bar and you can't even purchase the stone guard (from Jayco) as it doesn't fit the Expandas when the bed end is out. :(

Some faults with design are the front window cannot be opened when the door is opened, the toilet cassette is near your picnic table and you can't change/move the gas bayonet (front of van) as there are windows (some new safety issues). You also need to ensure you tell them if you want the washing machine provision - even though it is shown on the floor plan they assume you don't want it.

Jayco did not really give a s%*t. All they wanted was the van out of their yard!
don't be rude! I know I've been told to expect a few little things to be wrong and that I might need to get a screw driver out to fix them.
BUT,
If it ends up like yours with these major things wrong, I'll just refuse to take it.
They won't get their money until the issues are fixed to my satisfaction. We don't need it until after Christmas so they'll have 4 weeks to fix everything.
I'm sure they'll want their money rather than a van sitting in their workshop!

Reactions: Kezshaz

Dean81

Nov 18, 2012
Brisvegas, Qld
www.ausplay.net.au
That's a shame @Kezshaz.

Our hand over was great, or should I say mine as it was just me.

We had the same issue with the table, but Brisbane camperland, sorted it out then and there for me. Pat the handover guy actually picked up on it. I wouldn't of known like you.

3 issues from the weekend.
1. My hot water is only drawing from tanks and not from mains water?
2. Window opens into door, not much they can do about that now though!
3. 1 of the Gas bayonet fittings needs moving, can't plug the line in directly due to the install positioning and interference from the ALKO jacks

Used the oven, apparently you have to have the stove lid open for it work and ventilation. Pat didn't show me this as we didn't switch on the gas, doh.

Kakadu bed ends are harder to get on than the holiday annexe ones I used to have. But they fit perfectly and also have tie down points to keep them off the bed canvas, also included is a pole for both ends to stop the lid sagging when secured down. Great idea, overall very happy with them.

Last edited:

mrhappi

Oct 24, 2012
Ipswich
Hi all.

Geez, I would lose my $h1t if this happened to me. What are they doing to make good?

Kezshaz

Jun 29, 2015
Canberra
Hey everyone.
We finally got somewhere today with Jayco...
They fixed the sagging roof (realigned the canvas) , fixed the velcro, fixed the fridge and have made a separate board for the conversion of the bunk beds.
They have told us that the bunk seats have been fitted incorrectly (all manufactured so far have the same problem) and the manufacturing department (Melbourne) is now aware so hopefully everyone waiting won't have this problem.
As for the bogged shower, apparently this is "how this model is". We did go and look at another van (same model) on the floor and it was the same - just not as bad. They did however touch up the crappy bodge job. Again hopefully everyone still waiting won't have this problem.
We're yet to go and check the hot water and gas fittings @Dean81.

The dents will eventually be fixed under warranty when we get back from our trip around oz. Getting very excited as we leave in 3 days!!!

Kezshaz

Jun 29, 2015
Canberra
By the way @Dean81 where did you have the additional bayonet installed? They told us we couldn't have another because of the windows and new safety laws .

Cutters

Apr 19, 2015
Victoria
Thanks heaps... We were told that they can either install the club lounge, or if the dinette is installed, you get a small buffet behind the chair, as you enter the van on RHS.

We haven't actually done the final order as yet, as I'm concerned/unsure about a few things.

1 is that it looks like the door is located further toward the front of the van, that what it is on the 17.56. This meaning that with the awning out, with rain etc, you may still get water through the doorway. Not sure, just going off memory from the few hours I spent at the show.

What's your view, or anyone else's for that matter, on the club lounge idea ? The table doesn't seem as big on the club lounge version.

Our extras so far -
Drifter control panel
Privacy screens for ends
External hot and cold shower
Oven
Picnic table
Extended drawer bar
Bigger 2 door fridge - think its 175lt
Wind up antenna
Stereo with outside speakers and inside
Extra 12v points with USB points

Certainly keen on the extra battery and solar panel, but have an Auto Sparky mate who is a guru on solar, so might ask him what he can sort for me. Maybe save a few $$$.

Oh, and an extra water tank as well...
Hi JMS, I noticed you mentions a additional water tank. Is this an additional 2nd or 3rd water tank? I know the OB comes with 2 standard but they will not do a 3rd for me?
Thanks