18' Series New release 18.58-2 OB ordered

Dean81

Nov 18, 2012
Brisvegas, Qld
www.ausplay.net.au
@relgate You Can see the one they brought to the Brisbane show on Facebook on the Brisbane camperland page. Just the internal layout has been changed a little to suit the market, so I'm told.
Still has all the inclusions they just shoved some stuff around to make it fit better and more user friendly.
Don't like the curtain closing off the toilet/sink area, so we are adding another door. This will be done ourselves after we receive the van.

Reactions: DRW and relgate

JMS Project

Jun 14, 2015
Dayboro
2015 18.58-2 OB ordered expected delivery 2nd week of October.
Final engineer specs to be confirmed early next week with internal layout changes.
Show special with heaps of extras.

Excited family, now we have to wait again. Lol
Hi there
New to this site, and new to Expanda's. But I too have just ordered the new 18.

Can I ask what layout you are going with ?
Cheers, Steve

Dean81

Nov 18, 2012
Brisvegas, Qld
www.ausplay.net.au
@JMS Project The 58-2 only comes with the Dinette I Believe.
Ours will have the shower/toilet/basin and washing machine.
They have narrowed the dinette to make the walkway bigger in ours and adjusted the bunks in a little in width.
We are putting a door on the ensuite ourselves later as Jayco would only supply the curtain, which my wife wasn't happy with and was nearly a deal buster.

optional extra's I've gone for everything
Standard Outback Extras
Drifter Control Panel
Dual 100amp batteries
2 X 150watt Solar Panels
Outside Shower
Washing Machine
Picnic Table
Stereo Fusion inside/outside speakers
Oven with cook top instead of Grill
Microwave/ Aircon
Kakadu Canvas Bed Ends
Reverse Camera on back of van
Tv/Tv mount and aerial (which aerial used to standard, but is an extra now?)
The bigger 2 door Thetford Fridge
Extra 12v points
Leather Upholstery

Think that is it.

JMS Project

Jun 14, 2015
Dayboro
@JMS Project The 58-2 only comes with the Dinette I Believe.
Ours will have the shower/toilet/basin and washing machine.
They have narrowed the dinette to make the walkway bigger in ours and adjusted the bunks in a little in width.
We are putting a door on the ensuite ourselves later as Jayco would only supply the curtain, which my wife wasn't happy with and was nearly a deal buster.

optional extra's I've gone for everything
Standard Outback Extras
Drifter Control Panel
Dual 100amp batteries
2 X 150watt Solar Panels
Outside Shower
Washing Machine
Picnic Table
Stereo Fusion inside/outside speakers
Oven with cook top instead of Grill
Microwave/ Aircon
Kakadu Canvas Bed Ends
Reverse Camera on back of van
Tv/Tv mount and aerial (which aerial used to standard, but is an extra now?)
The bigger 2 door Thetford Fridge
Extra 12v points
Leather Upholstery

Think that is it.
Thanks heaps... We were told that they can either install the club lounge, or if the dinette is installed, you get a small buffet behind the chair, as you enter the van on RHS.

We haven't actually done the final order as yet, as I'm concerned/unsure about a few things.

1 is that it looks like the door is located further toward the front of the van, that what it is on the 17.56. This meaning that with the awning out, with rain etc, you may still get water through the doorway. Not sure, just going off memory from the few hours I spent at the show.

What's your view, or anyone else's for that matter, on the club lounge idea ? The table doesn't seem as big on the club lounge version.

Our extras so far -
Drifter control panel
Privacy screens for ends
External hot and cold shower
Oven
Picnic table
Extended drawer bar
Bigger 2 door fridge - think its 175lt
Wind up antenna
Stereo with outside speakers and inside
Extra 12v points with USB points

Certainly keen on the extra battery and solar panel, but have an Auto Sparky mate who is a guru on solar, so might ask him what he can sort for me. Maybe save a few $$$.

Oh, and an extra water tank as well...

Reactions: Dean81

Dean81

Nov 18, 2012
Brisvegas, Qld
www.ausplay.net.au
Sorry I missed the extended draw bar, this is added too.

Didn't take much notice of the awning and door positioning to be honest.
I plan to have an annexe on for extended stays, but you make a good point. Have to look into this now.

We where also told they wouldn't do the 3rd tank because of the new spare tyre location.
Another one of those things we will sort out later ourselves.

Don't think the club lounge is suited to the 18.58-2 due to the shower and toilet?
I never eat inside.. Kids do for breakie and that's about it.

Dean81

Nov 18, 2012
Brisvegas, Qld
www.ausplay.net.au
Also @JMS Project. Hit them up for canvas bed ends instead of privacy screens.
I got mine thrown in pretty much.
You won't regret it.
We have these on our current van made by holiday annexes, they give twice the block out from light (especially the early morning sun) and also stop your beds getting wet in down pours.
The awning not covering the door is one thing, but getting you beds and mattresses wet, really dampens the whole experience.

JMS Project

Jun 14, 2015
Dayboro
Sorry I missed the extended draw bar, this is added too.

Didn't take much notice of the awning and door positioning to be honest.
I plan to have an annexe on for extended stays, but you make a good point. Have to look into this now.

We where also told they wouldn't do the 3rd tank because of the new spare tyre location.
Another one of those things we will sort out later ourselves.

Don't think the club lounge is suited to the 18.58-2 due to the shower and toilet?
I never eat inside.. Kids do for breakie and that's about it.
Yeah your right.. We are outside a lot too.

We will also be getting an annexe down the track. What
Also @JMS Project. Hit them up for canvas bed ends instead of privacy screens.
I got mine thrown in pretty much.
You won't regret it.
We have these on our current van made by holiday annexes, they give twice the block out from light (especially the early morning sun) and also stop your beds getting wet in down pours.
The awning not covering the door is one thing, but getting you beds and mattresses wet, really dampens the whole experience.
Thats good advice, I'll see how we go with the storm covers. I thought the storm covers I'd seen were about 1k, and something I was gunna probably look at later to be honest. You don't have a pic of your current ones do you ?

Will no doubt get an annexe down the track. What is your preferred make of annexe ?

Dean81

Nov 18, 2012
Brisvegas, Qld
www.ausplay.net.au
@JMS Project, Haven't found an annexe yet. Once I have the van, will being doing the research then and stealing ideas off others of course.

033.JPG

gives you idea of the Canvas Bed ends we had fitted from Holiday Annexes.
we had the shade cloth privacy Screens, they helped, but once we had the canvas bed end covers there was no looking back.
The morning light is the biggest difference when you are sleeping in the van and especially with kids. Otherwise your up at sunrise, which I am normally anyway, but no need for the kids to be up. lol

JMS Project

Jun 14, 2015
Dayboro
@JMS Project, Haven't found an annexe yet. Once I have the van, will being doing the research then and stealing ideas off others of course.

View attachment 33245
gives you idea of the Canvas Bed ends we had fitted from Holiday Annexes.
we had the shade cloth privacy Screens, they helped, but once we had the canvas bed end covers there was no looking back.
The morning light is the biggest difference when you are sleeping in the van and especially with kids. Otherwise your up at sunrise, which I am normally anyway, but no need for the kids to be up. lol
Thanks heaps for the photo. I will certainly be having a chat re storm covers when the time comes to go in and make the final decisions. Can I ask how much you paid for the storm covers ? And do you know much about the Jayco storm covers ? Being that Kakadu make their annexes, I'm guessing the storm covers will be made by them also.

Also mate, and sorry for smashing you with questions, do you mind if I ask what you ended up doing the deal for, including all of the extras you listed ?

Dean81

Nov 18, 2012
Brisvegas, Qld
www.ausplay.net.au
Yeah they're Kakadu storm covers @JMS Project, Jayco is charging $1350inc fitted for both ends. I paid $990inc fitted for both ends for the holiday annexes version on the last van. Keeping in mind you get the Jayco warranty if you get Jayco to install and supply them.

JMS Project

Jun 14, 2015
Dayboro
Yeah they're Kakadu storm covers @JMS Project, Jayco is charging $1350inc fitted for both ends. I paid $990inc fitted for both ends for the holiday annexes version on the last van. Keeping in mind you get the Jayco warranty if you get Jayco to install and supply them.
Hmmm interesting. The jayco guy at the show said they were about 1k. Anyway, is what it is I guess.

Are your existing ones clip on, like the privacy screens, or sail track ?

Dean81

Nov 18, 2012
Brisvegas, Qld
www.ausplay.net.au
@JMS Project, yes both are the sail track slide on style. One person can do it by yourself if your tall, but much easier with 2.
they don't fold away in the bed ends, you need to remove and store elsewhere.
with the discounts given I believe they would of come in at $800 from Jayco ($1350 is list price).
also keep in mind they do a cheaper plastic version I think, in between the Canvas and the shade cloth version.

JMS Project

Jun 14, 2015
Dayboro
Ok, thanks for the advice. I'd say I'd go with the jayco ones rather than muck around after market.

Shame they can't be folded away, but no biggy...