My BaseStation

Base23

Jan 17, 2016
Adelaide
Out of interest did you drill the hole yourself? I'm not sure I've got any gear that would be able to do it so might need to head down to the local workshop. I've had it confirmed from Titan that drilling the hole doesn't void any warranty, which is nice to know.
Yes drilled it myself. I have a nice old heavy duty drill press that did the trick.
Glad to hear I did not void any warranty.

Reactions: Smergen

Base23

Jan 17, 2016
Adelaide
Here is a couple of pictures of my hitch installed in the Jeep

Installed in original hole.
2017-03-09 20.18.54.jpg

Installed in new hole that I drilled
looks a lot neater and less chance of walking in to it.
2017-03-09 20.19.03.jpg

Base23

Jan 17, 2016
Adelaide
I replaced the hot water service anode today and I am glad I did.
For the last few months I have been noticing the hot water has not been clear and looked cloudy.
There was nothing left of the original anode and the van is only 1.5 years old.
20170311_094854.jpg

MickL

Feb 28, 2016
SA
Hey Base, Are you at Tanunda C/P at the moment? Walked past what I think was your van and car but wasn't 100% sure...Was going to stop and say hello but had to do the drop family and run and get back for work for the weekend...

Base23

Jan 17, 2016
Adelaide
Hey Base, Are you at Tanunda C/P at the moment? Walked past what I think was your van and car but wasn't 100% sure...Was going to stop and say hello but had to do the drop family and run and get back for work for the weekend...
Yes we are at Tanunda CP

Base23

Jan 17, 2016
Adelaide
Nice work... I reckon it should be a 12 month thing. I should probably do it before we leave, but dammit if I don't have my plate full. I reckon I might pick one up and do it on the road.
i
I did it at Tanunda CP as it was going to be to messy in the shed flushing the tank out.

Reactions: bigcol

Rob-Base19

Mar 28, 2017
Vic
Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I read this thread and decided to sign up to see if anyone can assist with a query.

I am in the final stages of purchasing my first van, a new 19ft Basestation Outback. Before I do the final sign off at the dealer I am trying to confirm my optional extras. My problem is that I want an extra water tank (above the 2 standard tanks) and grey water tank.

These two tanks are shown as options in the 2017 Basestation brochure.....but I have had extensive discussions with my dealer who advise that no extra tanks can be added due to lack of room. This seems strange to me. And they say that they have contacted Jayco direct who gave them this advice.

I just tried calling Jayco direct who told me there was no one there to assist me and that I needed to write an email to them.

As the 'final sign off' looms in the next couple of days, was hoping to find out if any other 19ft Basestation owners had additional factory fitted water tanks or grey water tanks.

Thanks

Base23

Jan 17, 2016
Adelaide
Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I read this thread and decided to sign up to see if anyone can assist with a query.

I am in the final stages of purchasing my first van, a new 19ft Basestation Outback. Before I do the final sign off at the dealer I am trying to confirm my optional extras. My problem is that I want an extra water tank (above the 2 standard tanks) and grey water tank.

These two tanks are shown as options in the 2017 Basestation brochure.....but I have had extensive discussions with my dealer who advise that no extra tanks can be added due to lack of room. This seems strange to me. And they say that they have contacted Jayco direct who gave them this advice.

I just tried calling Jayco direct who told me there was no one there to assist me and that I needed to write an email to them.

As the 'final sign off' looms in the next couple of days, was hoping to find out if any other 19ft Basestation owners had additional factory fitted water tanks or grey water tanks.

Thanks
Not sure a on the 19 but my 23 foot basestation came with a factory fitted 3rd water tank.
The 19 foot may not have enough room under it to fit an extra water tank and a grey tank. It would all depends on the floor beam spacing.

Reactions: Safaris and bigcol

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Hi all,

Thanks
Because you are wanting 4 tanks you wouldn't have enough room on a 19.

I'd suggest dropping the grey water tank and getting 3 water instead.

Reactions: WHHEMI and bigcol

pauljygrant

Apr 1, 2015
Adelaide
With the 21, the spacing between the floor cross members is smaller under the rear load area presumably for extra strength so their standard tank will not fit. I have 3 areas under mine where the regular tank fits and have moved 2 tanks around to achieve best weight distribution.
You could consider trying to find a narrower tank, or accept that an extra tank fitted after purchase would need to sit under the chassis cross members rather than directly under the floor.
Another option, especially for use as a grey tank would be to build it yourself using 100mm storm water pipe - can take any shape or length therefore capacity you need.
Remember that whilst the Basestation has a fairly generous pay load, 3 full tanks is nearly 300kg.
What other options are you considering and do you have any 'toys' that you are planning on carrying in the back?
It's a fantastic design and you won't regret buying a Basestation.

Reactions: bigcol and Drover

Rob-Base19

Mar 28, 2017
Vic
Because you are wanting 4 tanks you wouldn't have enough room on a 19.

I'd suggest dropping the grey water tank and getting 3 water instead.
I would be happy to just get a 3rd water tank (and not get the grey water tank) but I am being advised from the dealer that this is not even a possibility due to lack of space - even though the brochure states it's an option for the 19ft'er.

Was hoping there was someone out there with a 19 that had a third tank factory fitted

Rob-Base19

Mar 28, 2017
Vic
With the 21, the spacing between the floor cross members is smaller under the rear load area presumably for extra strength so their standard tank will not fit. I have 3 areas under mine where the regular tank fits and have moved 2 tanks around to achieve best weight distribution.
You could consider trying to find a narrower tank, or accept that an extra tank fitted after purchase would need to sit under the chassis cross members rather than directly under the floor.
Another option, especially for use as a grey tank would be to build it yourself using 100mm storm water pipe - can take any shape or length therefore capacity you need.
Remember that whilst the Basestation has a fairly generous pay load, 3 full tanks is nearly 300kg.
What other options are you considering and do you have any 'toys' that you are planning on carrying in the back?
It's a fantastic design and you won't regret buying a Basestation.
I have ticked a fair few option boxes like bunks, jhub, drawbar, 4 grill, harrier air (no ibis), 22 tv, ext ent, ext shwr + light, picnic table, 185lt fridge, 16in wheels, extra wardrobe, shelves, extra 240 & 12v points, bed storm cover. May be a few others which will come to mind as soon as I press send!

Was hoping to add extra water tank to the list but that looks unlikely. I am also looking at an aftermarket rear view camera which I'll install myself.

The main reason for choosing a Basestation is that I see it as a very versatile van.....I have a couple of young boys so will hope to fill the garage with motorbikes (and for myself!)

Base23

Jan 17, 2016
Adelaide
Went to the caravan show a few months ago and noticed that the new Jayco silverline comes with tool boxes mounted underneath.
So since then i have been trying to get some through Jayco to fit to my Basestation. It has been a long process as jayco were not originally selling them as spare parts but after a few phone calls i managed to order some.
They are avaliable in 2 sizes, 700 or 350mm long.
I got 3 of the 700mm long boxes and i am going to fit 2 on the door side either side of the wheels and one on the off side behind rhe wheels.
20170421_212433.jpg
I needed to make the brackets to mount them to the van as jayco are still telling me that the dont sell the brackets. They are held in place with 2 rear corner brackets and a front flat bracket.
20170421_212436.jpg
20170421_205622.jpg

I have installed 1 box so far and it looks .20170421_212454.jpg

Last edited:

pauljygrant

Apr 1, 2015
Adelaide
Looks good - considered aftermarket boxes in same locations last year but couldn't get any to fit that I was happy with - would be great for hoses, extra battery, firewood, kids toys that have dirt on them, ....the list is endless.
Working on moving the spare wheel to underneath so that's occupying my time and 'allowance' just now.
Look forward to seeing more photos once you finish.

Reactions: Base23