Mitsubishi Pajero Platinum 2012

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Suits any Adam it just leaves 4 wires under the dash to wire to any controller you like. Yes if the idiots that fitted your towbar followed the MM instructions your 7 pin will already be wired up for electric brakes. The only thing I considered was running a heaveir wire but it hasn't been a problem to date and I know of nobody who has had a problem. All up about 40-60mins to wire up ready . Pm me your email as I think I have the instructions on PDF.

Just noticed you got the geolanders? Good score, I think they are heaps better than the Bridgestone? I got
Thanks Jimmy.

It will be interesting to see how the Geolanders do go, I'll keep everyone updated as far as OE tyres go.

PM sent mate.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Well on Friday we got the 1st service done which isn't really a service just a post delivery check over.

Whilst there I got a tinted bonnet deflector and rubber floormats for the front and middle row seats.

008.jpg

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I dropped into the local window tinter to organise getting the front windows tinted to match in with the standard Privacy Glass. He mentioned that the Privacy Glass isn't UV resistant which I never even thought about so I booked it in to get the darkest legal tint.
$300 later and this is the end result

015.jpg

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 230

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
Looks good mate, I had the same discussion with the window tinter about the UV rating. I contacted Mitsubishi at the time and they replied in writing saying that this is not true and the privacy glass does have a UV rating, I can't remember the exact figure but they quoted a %.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Ahh ok nevermind if thats right either way I know for our peace of mind its done and for $300 it was a good price. Its a local guy who has done a few of our cars now and he has done another neat job.

What did you end up doing Drewy?

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
I ended up running a light tint over the privacy glass just to be sure and figured that it would keep the valuables in the rear (the rug rats included) cooler and out of sight. I thought it would be too dark at night but it basically made no difference to night vision.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
@cruza driver Hows the Paj going??
Hey @Pace after having the Pajero for 4 years at the end of this month (gee time flies) it has been a very very good vehicle. It has never missed a beat and has just clocked over 84k. When I get a chance to drive it I thoroughly enjoy it, its very comfortable and a great seating position.

Only thing we have done was a set of tyres at 62k after a tech screw went through the shoulder and they still would have had another 10k in them. I replaced them with Bridgestone 697's. We have also never had any alignment issues (although we don't tow either)

We never ended up using it as a tow car which was our intention after selling the Cruiser and buying the BT.

We did look at the new Pajero, but this one is such a good one we decided keep it plus the 3.2lt is a good motor :)

Reactions: bigcol and 17triton