Mitsubishi Pajero Platinum 2012

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Hi CD, I tow our 16' with a hayman Reese WDH and no mods to suspension and I tows well. I did however need to buy the longer adjustable hitch section to get my van level and then I cut off the bit below to give more ground clearance as it was pretty low. I could of packed up my hitch on A frame I suppose but then it may not suit your cruiser.

Where my hitch sits now I just have enough clearance to open back door, it doesn't clear the gas bottle on van but thats plenty anyway. Is your tow bar Mitshubishi?

Cheers.

We got the Mitsy towbar that come thrown in as part of the Platinum deal. If I dont run the Trigg I'm thinking of maybe going for the alko offroad coupling or possibly the Hyland then this will eliminate any handle's sticking up on the coupling and causing any problems with the rear door.

I haven't added the 50mm packer under the coupling which could still be the go if the hitch is to low. This wont effect the Cruiser either as I could go back to the standard drop tongue, which in a sense would be the go.

:wacko: So many decisions :happy: Once again thanks for everyones advice :clap2:

Thanks for the pic Jimmy that sits really well behind your Pajero.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Hey Cruza............cool car!

I reckon that when we eventually change the Prado, the Paj will be at the top of my Christmas list.

Checked one out a while ago and was super impressed. Easily beat the Prado in my opinion on just about everything (and Im a Toyota man!).

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Well at the moment I have a 2000 Toyota Prado and a 2008 Toyota Aurion Sportivo SX6.

The Aurion is making way for a Territory as soon as Ford can make me one!

I could be seen as a little confused in future I suppose!:confused:

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Burnsy have you checked the bump stop rubbers on the Pajero? worth doing pretty sure bushman found his hammered and he ran standard springs with a WDH. there just isnt enough travel there to save them.

Thanks Jim, never gave it a thought to be honest but i will. I thought that if it sat at normal ride height with the van on and WDH than all would be sweet, so maybe not the case then??

Regards
Burnsy.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Ok, so just been out and crawled under the back end of the mighty paj with a torch and I was amazed only about 20mm travel before the stops hit. So if I don't want the back end too stiff should I just add bags and run maybe 20psi when towing??

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
PHP:
Ok, so just been out and crawled under the back end of the mighty paj with a torch and I was amazed only about 20mm travel before the stops hit. So if I don't want the back end too stiff should I just add bags and run maybe 20psi when towing??

Gotta help I guess. Worth sussing out kings springs as to whether they do the progressive rate +150kg in standard height they really arn't very stiff empty yet they stiffen up with a load.

Reactions: Burnsy

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Congrats on the new rig Cruza. I think i was almost as excited as you on the weekend when i knew you were due to pick it up. I beleive you got a great deal and a fantastic car. I really love that colour too, should hide the dust well.

Did you sleep in it mate?

Everyone on the forum seems to be getting new cars, i want one now LOL!

:car:

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Congrats on the new rig Cruza. I think i was almost as excited as you on the weekend when i knew you were due to pick it up. I beleive you got a great deal and a fantastic car. I really love that colour too, should hide the dust well.

Did you sleep in it mate?

Everyone on the forum seems to be getting new cars, i want one now LOL!

:car:
Thanks Moto:thumb: and thanks for letting me bore you with all this new 4X4 talk and your help was/is invaluable.

No I didn't sleep in it as that would be cheating on the Cruiser :pound:
The colour is good for hiding dust although its also good at hiding mud as we have found out already. :spy:

Congratulations CD, it really looks great.
After reading your fuel economy posts with your Navara thats what really got me thinking about an upgrade for touring, so its your fault we bought it :tongue: although it didn't take much convincing

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I might have got you thinking but you didn't think "NAVARA" :noidea:
We did consider dualcabs for a while and it was a tough choice but we ended up deciding on another 4X4 wagon as the extra seats are a bonus.
I dont have the rear seats fitted in the Cruiser due to the cargo barrier so I removed them :thumb:

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Well tomorrow is one week since picking up the Pajero, I've only driven it a few times as its my wifes car and she is very pleased with our decision. I'm looking forward to seeing how it tows the Expanda once I organise a few things on it like a brake controller etc.

Fuel economy via the cars computer is around 9.7lt per 100km

I think I better wash it in the morning though :whistle:
003.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I'm looking forward to seeing how it tows the Expanda once I organise a few things on it like a brake controller

Hi CD. I presume you are aware there is a brake controller kit available (MR936166) for the Pajero? $90 odd dollars and it's plug and play and complete with everything needed except the brake controller?

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Thanks Jim, do you know what controller it suits?
Also does that include the wire to the trailer plug or is that already there?

I have a Prodigy in the Cruiser that I'm very happy with and I was going to chase up a loom for that, so I can interchange between cars.
Although I'd probably just prefer a controller in both.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks Jim, do you know what controller it suits?
Also does that include the wire to the trailer plug or is that already there?

I have a Prodigy in the Cruiser that I'm very happy with and I was going to chase up a loom for tha,t so I can interchange between cars.
Although I'd probably just prefer a controller in both.

Suits any Adam it just leaves 4 wires under the dash to wire to any controller you like. Yes if the idiots that fitted your towbar followed the MM instructions your 7 pin will already be wired up for electric brakes. The only thing I considered was running a heaveir wire but it hasn't been a problem to date and I know of nobody who has had a problem. All up about 40-60mins to wire up ready . Pm me your email as I think I have the instructions on PDF.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Just noticed you got the geolanders? Good score, I think they are heaps better than the Bridgestone? I got