Just Browsing Hire to drive interstate

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Can't help with a hire company @Lisyloo317 but do some comparison pricing.... Might work out cheaper flying to Melbourne and hiring 4WD from there for the drive home.

Lisyloo317

Sep 5, 2015
Pemberton
Can't help with a hire company @Lisyloo317 but do some comparison pricing.... Might work out cheaper flying to Melbourne and hiring 4WD from there for the drive home.
Yeh that's what we were thinking. We have the option of the seller putting the van on a boat but obviously they are scared to let van go with nonpayment and we are scared to make payment with no van. Have spoken to them heaps and they are super nice people and I'm sure it'd be done but need to look at other options also.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Yeah a "Catch 22" situation!
I take it your current vehicle won't tow the van? Otherwise it would have been a good road trip to get over there and back.

Lisyloo317

Sep 5, 2015
Pemberton
Yeah a "Catch 22" situation!
I take it your current vehicle won't tow the van? Otherwise it would have been a good road trip to get over there and back.
Have a ranger px 3.2ltr so would have no trouble towing. It's silly season on the farm now so we can't get away for very long at this time of year..would love to do a road trip but not able to now:

Reactions: dagree

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Yeh that's what we were thinking. We have the option of the seller putting the van on a boat but obviously they are scared to let van go with nonpayment and we are scared to make payment with no van. Have spoken to them heaps and they are super nice people and I'm sure it'd be done but need to look at other options also.
You could use and Escrow agent, or even a solicitor. They keep the funds in trust until each party agrees to release the funds. Protects both parties

FiveInAVan

Sep 17, 2015
Brisbane, QLD
Fly to Melbourne to look at van, make payment and personally organise to have it shipped/rail/trucked to Perth? That might be your quickest option. You can hire motorhomes oneway throughout Australia so you must be able to hire a 4WD the same surely. Can't help you out with any companies, though. Best of luck. My husband bought a boat unseen from interstate (but was through a dealer not private seller) but I personally would like to view before making payment no matter how nice they seem to be. It's a big purchase, you want to be safe not sorry.

Last edited:

mrhappi

Oct 24, 2012
Ipswich
We just bought a van in Tassie (from Qld) and looked at all the options. The planets aligned for us and the seller was willing to wait a few weeks so we could drive down and collect. Failing that, plan b was going to see me fly into Tassie, inspect the van, then arrange to have it shipped up by a suitable transport company, then fly home.

Good luck with the purchase!

Reactions: Lisyloo317

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
It sounds very promising.

And exciting.....and not a six month wait to find out what you've got!

Hope it all works out well.

Take a camera and a notebook and a cheque book or similar.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
That's such a nice offer @Bluey. They have scored a really great deal on putting on a boat to Perth. So think we'll fly over to meet them and look at van and go with them to take to transport company ..getting excited now
so you've brought it have I missed something what size is it is it on computer an add so we can see it ??????? when you coming to sunny Melbourne bring @dagree and @bigcol with you then we all have a pub meal in the city

Lisyloo317

Sep 5, 2015
Pemberton
so you've brought it have I missed something what size is it is it on computer an add so we can see it ??????? when you coming to sunny Melbourne bring @dagree and @bigcol with you then we all have a pub meal in the city
It's on gumtree, it's a 17.56-1 which is what we wanted..in the end haha. It's the one for $38K in Cranbourne

Lisyloo317

Sep 5, 2015
Pemberton
image.jpeg