GROUP MEET 2016

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
G'day Dave, we are planning a longer trip probably including either the GOR or a run along the Murray River but not sure whether to spend the time before or after the meet at Wilpena. Doing it before, it will be pretty cold along the GOR July / August but we don't have as much time available after September. Just as well we have plenty of time to decide, but need to figure how long to stay and book at Wilpena.
Winter can be very cold along the GOR, but you could also be blessed with lovely days. Remember its Vic ... dont plan to have any particular weather for too long

Eeram55

Jul 4, 2011
South Western Victoria
Well I was finally able to get onto someone and book in. Have booked dates 23rd - 27th but guy didn't know of any bookings under your name Smergen :(. Not sure what our site number is either, as it wasn't on the confirmation email. Have requested by return email the site number - but at least they have us booked in somewhere!! . Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Maree

Reactions: mfexpanda

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Just surfing back through a bit of correspondence and found this little bit of Nostradamus work...

Not quite as bold this year.
You can still live in your 3peat its fresh like I do with the Lions.. Although as the years go on, I hope your not on the ground floor of the ladder as my memories are starting to haze :) a 3 point loss was a good game :(

Reactions: DRW

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Just looking at my notes and I was booked in on site 36 as well? Might be cosy Bill;)

Hoping to get all the sites and existing bookings aligned this week.

Starting this so far out from the date (i.e. 18 months before it happens) was bound to cause confusion with a computer system that doesn't allow bookings more than 12 months in advance.

Will be all good though, I'm sure we'll get everyone there and accounted for no problem whatsoever!

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Well I was finally able to get onto someone and book in. Have booked dates 23rd - 27th but guy didn't know of any bookings under your name Smergen :(. Not sure what our site number is either, as it wasn't on the confirmation email. Have requested by return email the site number - but at least they have us booked in somewhere!! . Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Maree

PM sent about the booking details.

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
surprise surprise Im still here even though we had to move the Bush Palace on due to owning your own business , were on our way back with the purchace of a Gazal atv in which shes been named Outback Shack .
Looking forward to the meet if im still allowed !!!!!

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
surprise surprise Im still here even though we had to move the Bush Palace on due to owning your own business , were on our way back with the purchace of a Gazal atv in which shes been named Outback Shack .

Absolutely mate, would be great to catch up! Let me know when you've booked in and I'll update the sheet over on the registration thread.

(PS You might need a new avatar and signature I reckon by the sounds of it)

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW

Remember @BUSH PALACE if there are no photos then the Outback Shack doesn't exist

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Ok as it is getting closer I thought it would be a good idea to contact Willow Springs to organise a day of 4wding around Skytrek as it was something I was very keen to do so I booked in. I had a word with @Smergen and he told me to pick a day. I locked in the Monday 26th. So far there is myself, @Smergen , @Tone , @mfexpanda , @chartrock , @Billrw136 who look like doing the drive and if others are interested to let me know. If everyone is keen to do it we will have to do 2 groups which Willow Springs had suggested as 6-8 would be as many vehicles you would want otherwise it would take to long as there is a lot to stop and look at along the way. If anyone wants to do it on another day by all means contact Willow Springs directly.
I have chosen the self guided tour which costs $65 per vehicle.

Last edited:

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Ok as it is getting closer I thought it would be a good idea to contact Willow Springs to organise a day of 4wding around Skytrek as it was something I was very keen to do so I booked in. I had a word with @Smergen and he told me to pick a day. I locked in the Monday 26th. So far there is myself, @Smergen , @Tone , @mfexpanda , @chartrock , @Billrw136 who look like doing the drive and if others are interested to let me know. If everyone is keen to do it we will have to do 2 groups which Willow Springs had suggested as 6-8 would be as many vehicles you would want otherwise it would take to long as there is a lot to stop and look at along the way. If anyone wants to do it on another day by all means contact Willow Springs directly.
I have chosen the self guided tour which costs $65 per vehicle.
Wish I could be with you

Reactions: Tone and 17triton