GROUP MEET 2016

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
We talking about Rawnsley Park station or one of the other joints ????? Sorry if youvé already said but this thread is getting too damn big to trawl thru it all again.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thats cool, I was just looking at the places and thought someone had said staying outside the NP because of animals. Looks like a great place to stay, prices are good without a deal, looking forward to it already.
Since I'll be over in SA in a couple of months may take a detour from my imaginary intinerary and check it out.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Put us down as a maybe. We have an international trip earlier in the year so may not have leave or $$$ available, but would love to join if possible.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
OK Gang, update time after hearing back from Wilpena. So I offer the following update for people's information and consideration:

1. Wilpena Pound have generously reserved 10 powered sites in my name so that we can be grouped together.
  2. When people are ready to confirm their booking dates and times, please PM me for details of the booking
  3. People will need to then call Wilpena Pound (08 8648 0048) and confirm their own personal details and booking dates.
  4. Should the 10 sites be already booked out, other powered sites can be booked if they are still available (this may not be the case closer to the date). There are 44 powered sites in total.
  5. The sites are being reserved until April 2016, upon which any unbooked sites will become available to the general public.
  6. It should be highlighted that WP regularly books out well in advance of this period, with a lot of return campers. I would suspect like many popular places, people book for next year as they leave this year. Therefore I'd recommend people try and work out their plans asap so we can guarantee the best possible turn out.
  7. Having said all that, there are unlimited unpowered sites which don't need booking so late comers still have an option should powered sites be full.
I also reckon to allow for long distance travellers, the "official" night be either the 25th or 26th... or both!

I realise that this is well in advance and a lot of people will not know their plans until much later in the picture. But WP have been very good to open their books to us in advance to try and secure as many spots as we can in one of Australia's natural wonders. The unpowered sites offer a great back up plan for those that need to wait.

Hopefully this suits as many people as possible and we can now start building to an awesome meet.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
I haven't checked what water supply and grey water rules they have, but I should be calling them in the next day or two so should be able to confirm.

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Hi @Smergen just to let you know i have booked site 38 today arrive Fri 23rd depart Thu 29th September 2016
maybe a column might appear on the attendance list with dates and site numbers ? do you think ;)
At this stage 2 adults, 3 kids.

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
Just a comment about Wilpena Pound Resort Caravan Park.

About 3 years ago stayed there in a tent in the unpowered area up the hill, a really nice spot great views with a few trees around. It is hard to find a perfectly level spot, but is OK and a lot less claustrophobic (and cheaper) than the powered sights down the hill. Next time we visit there we would go for an unpowered sight up the hill, a bit of a walk to facilities, but not too far. The powered sights are very close together, our friends stayed in one while we were there and though convenient I think the pick of sites are up the hill in the more open area.

A great place to visit and the restaurant at the resort is not cheap, but real nice food. The Flinders are really a good spot to tour and a good spot for the meet.

Reactions: DRW