GROUP MEET 2016

Axl

Dec 23, 2014
Brisbane/Bayside
Hi guys your planned trip sounds like it will be fantastic but I just want to give you a heads up though. I work at the Moomba oil and gas processing facility which is located at the top N/E corner of S/A, when I got of the plane Tuesday arvo it was bucketing down and kept going for most of the night, the roads inside the plant are drying out but the roads outside are still closed.

Moomba is a lot further up than Wilpena but some of this went down as far as Wilpena I've been told and we are expecting a bucket load more rain out here early next week which when you look at the map will affect Wilpena. This is the site we use for rain fall predictions and it is very accurate http://wxmaps.org/pix/aus.vv.html I hope this doesn't ruin the trip but it is better to know earlier rather than later.

We currently have a 40t switch room on a low loader parked up at Pt Augusta that we have been trying to get in for two weeks now and there hasn't been a normal sized semi up here for around the same time, THE BEER STOCKS ARE GETTING LOW.....:censored:

Last edited:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Took this pic today at the Coober Pedy start of the Oodnadatta track.
DSC_1762.JPG

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
For those heading across Victoria to the Flinders. Have a look at:
traffic.vicroads.vic.gov.au
or get the traffic victoria app.

The both show road closures and other traffic hazards and are updated daily.

Other states have similar info.

Reactions: mfexpanda