Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Tried something different on this run to daughters, I usually burn fuel at about 18.5lt/100km, lot of long drag climbs, usually get there on an oily rag so this run threw in a Jerry of diesel to save trying to squeeze in at an over expensive fuel fill point, this run I put more air in tyres and stayed at 90kph didn't have much choice most of time due to horse floats and stock crates, anyway fuel burn was 13.5 and I still had a quarter of a tank left, lifting the right foot a little and adding some more air did wonders.....Ute at 40 in front 48 in rear with Big Mal upped to 50 psi from 46, all seem to ride better and temps gave about 3 - 4 over cold but then it was a cool day at 26 deg.
The run home I use heaps less fuel as less climbing, be interesting to see what the return will be like........................

Nice to see places around Goomeri and Yarraman nice and green for a change...............Fuel is cheaper out in the sticks compared to Toowoomba, it's around 6c/lt more for Diesel in the big smoke.....

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
image.jpg
Still a nice sunny day , Nanango having lunch at the nice RV stop, Lions Park where you can buy Kingaroy peanuts....

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Oh yeah! The other great Peanut place........both possible to stop with a van....

5 hrs of rain so far in Toowoomba, bugga.

Reactions: DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Your going to end up missing your stop daydreaming about fishing methinks....................

2 o'clock knock off is only half a day on my old work day, about when I managed to get some lunch..............you have it easy...................

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Yes and no @Drover im on an asbestos job getting it out of the ground 7 till 11 1hr for lunch then 12 till 2 there azzy hrs for the blokes in suits we have to where suits and masks too but no mask in digger good air con good filters
I have my A class ticket so i get to do this somtimes i would hate chook picking in the dirt for it we just watch as they go through each bucket easy work for us View attachment 58342
As i sit on train in 31 deg at 230 good afternoon
Hi @Bluey,
interesting picture. Since it is so hot and you work in air-conditioned comfort, I assume the heavy metal bars are to keep those blokes in the blue suits out of your cabin. :behindsofa::bolt:

Enjoy your Canadian Club and ice!

cheers
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Now that can be a crappy job @Bluey , suited up is a real killer, fire, hazmat gear makes a hard job harder I certainly hope they are paying a decent rate...................always try to take more precautions than they reckon because in years to come their Worlds Best Practice precautions aren't, been there done that sort of thing........................." this is the safest stuff around" , "you'll be good as gold" they said, I took some extra care, don't know how good it was but I'm alive and some aren't......................................

Scary thing is as a kid we built cubby houses out of fibro, used it as Ninja Stars, slid down sand hills and big grassy hills on it, jumped all over it to break it up and after being on Warships with it as lagging, sat in ships boilers while it was pulled apart, red lead paint and the toxic replacement paint, Fuel Oil, sulphur, RDX TNT, berylluim, diesel, cordite, radiation, aviation fuel not to mention heaps of hop, grape, mash juice, oh and tobacco, I'm doing pretty well.............., scariest though is driving down the highway.....................

Still kicking and living it to the full.......................................................anyway back home, heaps pf flamin rain and Big Mal is parked in the guests park as the rest of the place is a lake, my visitors park is nice and dry, works well..........................First Choice JB Bourbon $45 for 1lt......yum.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigcol and Bluey

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Scary thing is as a kid we built cubby houses out of fibro, used it as Ninja Stars, slid down sand hills and big grassy hills on it, jumped all over it to break it up and after being on Warships with it as lagging, sat in ships boilers while it was pulled apart, lead paint and the toxic replacement paint, Fuel Oil, sulphur, RDX TNT, diesel, cordite, radiation, aviation fuel not to mention heaps of hop, grape, mash juice, oh and tobacco, I'm doing pretty well...............then we have dodging lead poisoning, I can dodge well, scariest though is driving down the highway.....................
Now I understand!

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yes, @Billrw136 the tin ones' were really good, not forgetting the 2" nails on the end of arrows for the indians and the cowboys would use shanghai's in stead of guns, well until we got some slug guns anyway but by then the indians were armed as well, mind indians wearing dads A.I & S safety helmet with feathers was a new invention but we took safety seriously in our battles.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
growing up on Army Bases, wasnt the coppers we had to worry about, but the MP's

if you got caught by them, your Dad would get a "please explain" right after morning Parade
(I got caught once by the MP's being somewhere I wasn't allowed to be - after the old man got me, I couldn't sit down for quite awhile, was more because he was called out on Parade that whatever the silly thing was)

when I think back now............. the MP's were Bast@rds and cops are good people...........
they were really evil Bast@rds

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Lets see it's 24 deg, and been bucketing down like the WET in Darwin all morning, nearly 3" in the gauge..................still walking around in T shirt and shorts though..................................on a nice sunny QLD day the solar at the old joint would push out 22kw for the day, wish I had it on the roof up here but solar or a boat, no decision really..............................kayak, as I can't afford either.......lol,lol..........

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Im in for another early one today but
There calling for 50 to 100 mil of rain tomoz and sat this will trash the joint as we dont really get rain like that flooding will be an issue most job sites will be under my vans out back mite bring it back in under cover tonight
The egg'spurts are talking about Vic getting smashed by massive rain storms over the next few days, predicting up to 250mm in some parts of central Vic. No much for other parts of Oz, but seriously horrendous by Mexican standards. I just got off the roof, cleaning the gutters; and Im not convinced all this dooms day stuff isnt a charade organised by the Princess to get me to clean the gutters .... still, i probably wont go out fishing in the yak, just i case.

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
The egg'spurts are talking about Vic getting smashed by massive rain storms over the next few days, predicting up to 250mm in some parts of central Vic. No much for other parts of Oz, but seriously horrendous by Mexican standards. I just got off the roof, cleaning the gutters; and Im not convinced all this dooms day stuff isnt a charade organised by the Princess to get me to clean the gutters .... still, i probably wont go out fishing in the yak, just i case.
Hi @Crusty181,
don't know about you, but we have found red-back spiders all over the place. Sent at least 6 of them to their maker over the past few weeks. They love gutters, so be careful.

We cancelled our trip this weekend to Seninis. Then thought at the beginning of the week that there would be less rain to the West in Colac. But BOM now predict bucket loads over there as well. Tried North, but likely to be as much rain AND wind in Mount Alexander. So I will stay home, set up a chair so I can watch the rain bouncing off the Penguin all weekend and sulk!!!!

Can't go next weekend. So that will be 5 weekends in a row watching the Penguin age without being used. Then it will be school holidays so we can then compete with the rest of Victoria for camping spots and hot as well.

Not happy Jan!

(no) cheers
Mike

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi @Crusty181,
don't know about you, but we have found red-back spiders all over the place. Sent at least 6 of them to their maker over the past few weeks. They love gutters, so be careful.

We cancelled our trip this weekend to Seninis. Then thought at the beginning of the week that there would be less rain to the West in Colac. But BOM now predict bucket loads over there as well. Tried North, but likely to be as much rain AND wind in My Alexander. So I will stay home, set up a chair so I can watch the rain bouncing off the Penguin all weekend and sulk!!!!

Can't go next weekend. So that will be 5 weekends in a row watching the Penguin age without being used. Then it will be school holidays so we can then compete with the rest of Victoria for camping spots and hot as well.

Not happy Jan!

(no) cheers
Mike
Just think how sweet it will be when you finally hit the road, nothing beats a holiday born from adversity.

We get a few Red Backs. I'm not tempting fate but there hasnt been a Red Back death in Aust for 60 years (joys of my 11 year old's school project) I loosen all the gutter rubbish and then blow the crap out if it with my super charged modified garden blower, with home made $7.50 1500mm long, 80mm plumbing pipe gutter cleaning attachment ... I have to be careful I don't blow all the Red Backs onto my head with all the leaves, sticks and possum poo

Reactions: davemc and bigcol

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi @Crusty181,

I wish someone hadn't told the red backs this statistic because they sure as hell are still trying!

cheers
Mike
Ha. After a career high with the Slim Newtons Red Back On The Toilet Seat, and with nothing since 1974 theyre feeling a bit out of sorts. Do the right thing Mike for those little Aussie legends and stick your finger out for the little buggers ... theyll appreciate the sentiment