20' Series Front hard lid door on new 20.64-1ob

Cutters

Apr 19, 2015
Victoria
I'd be happy with that to Passionfingers, actually I'd prefer get a lid with no known issues, as you mentioned " not broken" . Perhaps it could be an option. I'll wait to see the dealers reply and if it's a little ambiguous I might request the older style lids.

Panda Shell

Oct 28, 2014
Kalamunda WA
Picked ours up at Easter. Towed it about 500km through absolutely flogging down rain with no issues. Dealer didn't know about this issue either

Cheers
Mine doesn't have a leaking issue, in fact it seems to seal quite well. It is the large cracks appearing that is the issue, I am going to see the dealer next week to get their view on things.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
It obviously official at Back to the Future with the hardlids

At the dealer dropping off my van for a service and apparently as of April 2015, Jayco have reverted back to the original "new old" style hardlid ... the 2 last attempts to redesign the lids have failed and now been poo poo'ed.

The first one out of the factory with the "new old lid", badged 04/15, was being handover to it new mum and dad this morning, and the lid carried the new decals.

20150430_095937.jpg

Not sure how that would effect those with the 2 defunct lids in the long term, or what discounts will be applied to the yard stocks, which my dealers yard had plenty

Cutters

Apr 19, 2015
Victoria
There you have it, I spoke to Jayco technical support 2 days ago and he mentioned a change to the 20 was coming soon ... He said he hasn't heard about any changes to the 17 but surely it couldn't be far, the new lids are the same on both series so how could they not have the same issues. Does any one know if you still get the 50/50 split mattress when reverting "back to the future" (the old style lids). I have e-mailed jayco about the matter. I'd love to get a straight answer on the 17 series, we are ready to order our first expanda and wait in anticipation.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
There you have it, I spoke to Jayco technical support 2 days ago and he mentioned a change to the 20 was coming soon ... He said he hasn't heard about any changes to the 17 but surely it couldn't be far, the new lids are the same on both series so how could they not have the same issues. Does any one know if you still get the 50/50 split mattress when reverting "back to the future" (the old style lids). I have e-mailed jayco about the matter. I'd love to get a straight answer on the 17 series, we are ready to order our first expanda and wait in anticipation.
My dealer said the vans were "Back to the Future" but his understanding was the pop tops were keeping the front mounted lids at this stage

Cutters

Apr 19, 2015
Victoria
My dealer said the vans were "Back to the Future" but his understanding was the pop tops were keeping the front mounted lids at this stage
Crusty181, do you know if the 20 series "back to the future" vans still have the 2 piece 50/50 mattresses

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Crusty181, do you know if the 20 series "back to the future" vans still have the 2 piece 50/50 mattresses
The mattress is definitely 2 piece but Im not too sure what 50/50 is (i presume split down the middle??). Our Oct 2014 20.63.1 mattress is split slightly off the middle, but very close to it. By looking at the outside of that new van yesterday, it looked very much like mine as far as the front area is concerned ... and with the old style front and lid I suspect it would likely be the same

Reactions: Cutters

JaycoQ

Jan 7, 2013
Highton, Geelong, Vic
Just off the phone to the dealer, the factory has gone back to the old design lids for full height vans because of complaints about height of beds ends and access being too tight. They're keeping the new lids on the pop tops.

Reactions: Crusty181

Panda Shell

Oct 28, 2014
Kalamunda WA
I think the lower bed ends are fantastic, so much easier to into and out of compared to my old Panda! Still concerned with the cracking which I think might be the real issue here!

JaycoQ

Jan 7, 2013
Highton, Geelong, Vic
Hi mate I haven't seen the new ones in person but was told the size of the opening was smaller rather than the height off the floor.

Is the cracking the paint or fibreglass? One of our previous expandas had bubbles on the lid. They were replaced under warranty without argument.

Panda Shell

Oct 28, 2014
Kalamunda WA
Seems like it's where the bracing on the back of the lid is tied in. It doesn't leak at all, we had a good test out on Sunday arvo when we drove home in gale force winds and dumping rain. Not a drop inside.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Seems like it's where the bracing on the back of the lid is tied in. It doesn't leak at all, we had a good test out on Sunday arvo when we drove home in gale force winds and dumping rain. Not a drop inside.

Should have stayed an extra night @Panda Shell and tested the van out while setup..... Thought we were going to end up in Lancelin at 2am on Monday morning

Panda Shell

Oct 28, 2014
Kalamunda WA
Ok so we have had a leak issue come into play on the front cover now, it appears to be leaking between the bed frame and body and bubbling out through the interior finish tape then into the van. Caravanland have been excellent and yesterday we completed a pit stop where they fixed the leak (we hope). I have been told that Jayco are just going to send over a new hard lid end, which seems a bit funny unless they have fixed the cracking issue, might have been easier to send it to a fiberglass company to just brace it properly??
Can anyone else send me some pics of their interior of the 20.64-1 or -2 showing how their cabinet work is set out.