Drovers New Horse - RG Colorado

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Found them too @bigcol but I'm not sending my credit card details just so I can have a look see, thats asking for trouble in my books. Already got hit once, we got a card skimmed in a shop a few years back but the bank came good, so no way am I sending it to some damn web site.

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
So the dealer who I bought the Colorado off is a big one in Toowoomba, reputation for charging heaps but doing a good job, or so they say....... Yes Ian the 60,000km service was done by us, I was assured, but above 90kph and when braking I'm getting a bit of shimmy, balance out I think, so I rotate the tyres, still there, I know the rear tyres are balanced........I put it up on the stands and check the wheel bearings, slight movement, so I sort them out and no shimmy.....supposed to be checked on the 60K service, they may give me a 3 yr warranty so long as I have them service it, the coverage is pretty good but with only a $1000 limit per claim and they didn't do the pre-lim service properly I think I'll stick with my old faithful mechanic as it may turn out that the warranty would be needed if they did the work.
You only get one chance with me, they blew it.

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
yes, I have the same problem
new mech asked - at your 160K service (which was a Major service) did they change the timing belt..................

daaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
dunno.........
why.......????

well, they should have changed the hoses as well, because you have to remove them to get to other bits that need taking off, and should have replaced them at the same time

and, let me guess, it dont look like the hoses or the water pump have been touched????

you, Mr @bigcol are quite correct in your guess

so, your saying that the $1900 I spent at a reputable chain (green, black and white logo) to do the Major 160K service ripped me off???????

you, Mr @bigcol are quite correct in your guess

looks like I have to speak to some friends in low places again soon-ish

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Found them too @bigcol but I'm not sending my credit card details just so I can have a look see, thats asking for trouble in my books. Already got hit once, we got a card skimmed in a shop a few years back but the bank came good, so no way am I sending it to some damn web site.

sorry mate, I didnt go that far into it
many many sorry's for that

I will be more diligent in future............

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
sorry mate, I didnt go that far into it
many many sorry's for that

I will be more diligent in future............

Not a problem, seems to be a lot of sites that actually lead to the same place but after a click or 2, "Just add your card details"......No...

This thing has a timing belt service at 150,000km, I thought this engine had a chain, oh well.......have plenty of time to find someone I can trust.......do it myself but what a bloody pain pulling all that stuff off.........then again the price may make it an enjoyable pain....lol.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I know Off Topic BUT...............................QUEENSLANDER

qld.jpg

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I know Off Topic BUT...............................QUEENSLANDER

View attachment 33671

I take it the Kiwis sorry - queenslanders won..................

Sand gropers from another world........

I am pretty sure thats a Maori in that Pic @Drover

and a guy at work was saying there was 2 kiwis and well as the Maori's in the QLD side...
apparently they were not good enough for when the AllBlacks defeated Samoa?????

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I am pretty sure thats a Maori in that Pic @Drover

and a guy at work was saying there was 2 kiwis and well as the Maori's in the QLD side...
apparently they were not good enough for when the AllBlacks defeated Samoa?????

:D:D:DBahahahahhahahhhhhaaaaa :applouse: We are very welcoming here in the Sunshine State.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The Colorado has performed better than expected really, hardly knew the Tardis was behind which was good though it didn't return as good fuel figures as The Jeeperific, roughies suggest high 14's/100 but will see how it goes over the next week or so. The shed on back is fantastic I can pack neatly or just chuck it in, Luv it.
Best things about this Ute would have to be having leaf springs on the rear and a cup holder just to the right of the steering wheel.

setupNindy.jpg