Drovers New Horse - RG Colorado

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
@boots33 I'm very happy with the Colorado so far, not as economical as the Jeep but the extra room more than makes up for it, pulls really well and is quite comfortable to drive a long distance my tray back had a bit of road noise but I sorted that out with some body deadener sprayed underneath and will be better when I get rid of the crap tyres I have on it. Giving me 14/100 normal towing but mid 15's when doing the hilly stuff, new tyres might improve that later on, but the back is well loaded with gear.

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I forgot to mention the Tranny temp info on the dash display, magic stuff.
I also found it heaps better to drive when I had it loaded but then thats true of most ute's.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
I forgot to mention the Tranny temp info on the dash display, magic stuff.

Why oh why did they dump this from the MY15?? I can't access this in my model and I would like a way to get access to it. Tried my brother's OBD2 reader and that didn't work.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well thats a step backwards I reckon, I can't read mine with my OBD2 reader thru Torque Pro only via the dash, it's very handy. Been watching the temps and may have to go to an extra cooler though it doesn't get over 100 yet while towing, which I'm pleased with, it may in summer but getting the grill off doesn't look like an easy job, means dropping the bullbar. Fitted a bug screen behind the grill by removing the top panel but that won't be enough to fit a cooler.
Bug screen was bad enough, just fly screen zip tied in, works really well, looks good but was a killer on the hands.

Reactions: bigcol and jvp

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well I'm off to ARB or maybe Ironman in Bundy tomorrow for a new set of rear shocks for the truck, mine are stuffed, if I'm lucky they will have a set on the shelf otherwise may have to extend my stay at the beach while they order them in............thought they were suspect when we got up here but over the last week, yep I'm sure......could do the warranty bit but hell they would only put the standard things back on, I'll get some OME or Ironman Foam Cells, would like to do the whole shebang but would have to stay at home for 6 mths to pay for them.

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Why oh why did they dump this from the MY15?? I can't access this in my model and I would like a way to get access to it. Tried my brother's OBD2 reader and that didn't work.
Ive got a ScanGuage2 in my car .... has a very impressive list of functions, which i suspect will likely include that. I havent read the book .... i did try too but it too thick and i lost interest

Have a look at the manual. It may do what your after

ScanGuage2 manual

Last edited:
Reactions: bigcol

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Well I'm off to ARB or maybe Ironman in Bundy tomorrow for a new set of rear shocks for the truck, mine are stuffed, if I'm lucky they will have a set on the shelf otherwise may have to extend my stay at the beach while they order them in............thought they were suspect when we got up here but over the last week, yep I'm sure......could do the warranty bit but hell they would only put the standard things back on, I'll get some OME or Ironman Foam Cells, would like to do the whole shebang but would have to stay at home for 6 mths to pay for them.
I just had the Ironman foam cells put in, as part of the overall upgrade. For what its worth the dude that did the suspension said the ARB stuff is getting dated now. Hes independant and fits anything, including OME. Tough Dog was the other brand he recommended. I have no clue about suspension, and i certainly have no allegiance ..... just what one dude said.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
ScanGauge are good, just depends on the vehicle.....will read the standard OBDII info but the rest of the stuff depends on what protocol the manufacturer uses and how they set up, they are very secret squirrel with the codes, hell if they made it so you could read all the codes you might be tempted to use some other mechanic. Independant workshops spend thousands of dollars on electronics to read the manufacturers codes and of course they are not the same, so you need a couple .
The generic ones will show the basics and if the tranny plays up you can get a code that says the tranny is playing up !!!! but can't go deeper to show exactly why, most annoying.

Reactions: Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
ScanGauge are good, just depends on the vehicle.....will read the standard OBDII info but the rest of the stuff depends on what protocol the manufacturer uses and how they set up, they are very secret squirrel with the codes, hell if they made it so you could read all the codes you might be tempted to use some other mechanic. Independant workshops spend thousands of dollars on electronics to read the manufacturers codes and of course they are not the same, so you need a couple .
The generic ones will show the basics and if the tranny plays up you can get a code that says the tranny is playing up !!!! but can't go deeper to show exactly why, most annoying.
I got it for the fuel guage with the long range tank and speedo with the bigger shoes. One day Ill read the manual

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well ARB won the money today, had some shocks on the shelf and in half an hour I had them fitted, just had to drop the spare so I could crawl under, so nice on the road now and the old shocks were, well you could compress them with 2 fingers so I could honestly say they were stuffed. Upgrade the springs and front struts would be nice....................

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Instructions.jpg