Exterior Did the anode today

Ashevo

Aug 26, 2012
Karratha
My brother has just bought a 17-56-2 the same as ours. We changed his anode yesterday and can't get the 240v water heating to work? Fine on the gas. The van is 3 yrs old and the anode hadn't been changed. Have checked fuses and am now asking for any other suggestions?

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Mmmm ok mate might be worth giving it a try I guess the switchs I don't think are that expensive.

Just remember to have everything switched off and isolated and if unsure ask the experts :)
If you do a forum search I know @chartrock has replaced one before.

Good Luck

Izzya123

Mar 18, 2011
Mount Martha, Victoria
Replaced mine last week. New anode bought from Jayco. Wouldnt wind in fully. Good clean, little plumbing lube, no good. Out about 5mm. It's in real tight with no leak so should be ok. Must be tapered end.

Freoboy

Sep 17, 2013
Perth
I did my Anode yesterday, only 12 months and it was almost all gone! I think I will go onto the changing every 6 month plan from now.

Attachments

• Anode Expanda.jpg
    Anode Expanda.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 258
Reactions: skippy

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Must be the local water quality ;)
Better check ours before we go away at the end of the month!!
We're at Coral bay at the moment and I won't be pluging the van into the local water otherwise the Artesian bore water will eat the anode within a week or two.:becky: Not much difference from the Butler water though @dagree :behindsofa: :rofl:

Reactions: dagree