Cruza Drivers OUTBACK EXPANDA 16.49-3 Trips and Mods

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
During the week I went and took a look around the AWARD RV store, that place is very dangerous to the contents of your wallet. The sales staff were very helpful with any questions I had.

I went down there to purchase a B.E.S.T. Water Filter as its something that I have wanted for some time but never bought. We always only fill the water tanks with town water and have never had any water issues. But I thought I might as well get one for a bit of extra insurance though to allow for varying water quality.

001%202_zps64iahacw.jpg

I also bought a concave block to go under the jockey wheel and a pop up toaster that sits in the stove top. See I said that was a dangerous place for your wallet, I didn't even know I needed these things :angel:

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
I've got one of those inline BEST filters too. Use it every time I fill the tanks.
It's about 5 years old now so it may be time for a new one.

Yes. AwardRV is a dangerous place, both in a their store and online on Ebay, they have plenty I "need".........

Reactions: cruza driver

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
The OE tyres on the Expanda are approaching 4.5 years old so I thought I might replace them before they let me down (no pun intended :D) They still have plenty of tread and have never had a puncture. They have covered their far share of Outback roads without issue too. Another reason for the change was I wanted some L/T tyres for there better construction.

I originally wanted to replace them with BFG A/T's but after doing a bit of research they were only rated to 900kg. I was disappointed as this was my 1st choice :( This was not rated high enough as I required 1000kg or better for the 16.49-3

So I did a bit more research and thought about the Bridgestone 697's that I have fitted on our Pajero. Checking their load rating resulted in a 1060kg capacity. This was ample for the 16 and a lot more than the BFG A/T's :nod: The only downside was no white writing on the tyres............something I'll have to get use to o_O They have a nice deep tread pattern too.

001 (2).jpg
002 (2).jpg
003 (2).jpg