Cruza Drivers 2012 BT50 GT

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
After lifting the BT I needed to use my 75mm drop tonque to tow the Expanda nice and level. I kept the tongue from the Cruiser but it was suited to clear the spare wheel on the Cruiser so the shank was slightly extended. This meant on the BT it stuck out more than I was happy with.
I took the tongue down to the towbar supplier and got a new hole drilled for the pin and some length cut of the shank so it would slide in the goose neck further. This was cheaper than buying another tongue that I didn't need. They did it on the spot for me too. So a big thanks to Lilydale Exhaust and Towbars for your great service.
Before
015_zpse2f8fa7f.jpg
After
026_zps28fd1390.jpg
Then it was time to see if I could see it in the camera and success :cheer2:
029_zpsa58cbc3f.jpg
Then I thought it was due for a bit of a wash ;)
020_zpsee3b5860.jpg
024_zps334d6f20.jpg

Reactions: relgate

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I have one similar size and drop but it is solid and has a gusset welded behind the drop piece. I thought this would be necessary to allow the towing capacity and ball weight. Do you happen to know any specs on the tongue?

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
No mate, but its done a few k's with no dramas and came recommended from a HR supplier. Moto actually has the same hitch to I think.

Yours sounds good though.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Hi @cruza driver
Now that I'm looking at new rubber....
How have you found the coopers for size? any rubbing etc?
Saw a set on a mates pajero and they look awesome up close. Massive tread!

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Yeh, some have said they are no good in the wet?!
I read in another forum that someone had rubbing issues, but perhaps they didnt have a lift?

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I've read the same but so far so good for me :) I'll give more feedback once I roll out some more k's too :thumb:

I also think people are over inflating them and with the thicker (stiff) sidewalls they don't allow any flex which I think tyres sometimes need for grip if that makes sense. My theory anyway ;)

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
What can i say mate, other than she looks amazing! Bet you can't wait to get out there and use it now it is set up so well.

Your just a winch short of the ultimate all rounder!

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I've read the same but so far so good for me :) I'll give more feedback once I roll out some more k's too :thumb:

I also think people are over inflating them and with the thicker (stiff) sidewalls they don't allow any flex which I think tyres sometimes need for grip if that makes sense. My theory anyway ;)

Did you get the spare done as well? Wondering if it fits with the tow bar? It's pretty tight

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Not yet @relgate but I have heard of people fitting them under there although a tight fit.

:tea:

Ok, thanks :tea:
I had a look at the ST Maxx recently. They are very nice but I'm tossing up between them and the less aggresive Bridgestone D697. Although not looking as cool, they might be a better compromise for all of our black top driving. Then I start looking at the BFG All Terrain. I dont know how I will ever decide!

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I know I mentioned about the Expanda been in the shed for 3 years now in another thread as of the other day, well I just realised today is 12 months today since getting the BT :D

Its been a great choice for us covering a bit of the country all ready with plenty more trips planned :blah: :)

There is a few more mods to come but that never ends :bolt:

Reactions: relgate

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
I know I mentioned about the Expanda been in the shed for 3 years now in another thread as of the other day, well I just realised today is 12 months today since getting the BT :D

Its been a great choice for us covering a bit of the country all ready with plenty more trips planned :blah: :)

There is a few more mods to come but that never ends :bolt:

you remembered because you just had to register it again :D

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
HAHA nah it was when Mrs Cruza handed me the new Rego label the other day:brick:..........she pays the bills

The dealer registered it a few days before pick up

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
HAHA nah it was when Mrs Cruza handed me the new Rego label the other day:brick:..........she pays the bills

The dealer registered it a few days before pick up

No labels up here now, registered the PJ last Friday guess i better remove the old label before they bust me, wasn't going to bother as the windscreen has to be replaced next week.