Just Browsing Cleaning a Weber bbq

Sturah

Oct 29, 2015
BrisVegas
After I was bitc..... I mean discussing :kev: the cleaning of the weber plate and grill tonight the daughter came in, went on Mr Google and left this link open on my screen. Wonder how good it is?

Grill Daddy Steam Cleaning Brush
I have one and the Weber one. Both work but the steam one won't last long feels really flimsy. I just leave the Weber on whilst I'm enjoying what was cooked, then clean it with the Weber one. Simples

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
My weber baby q grill started going rusty, couldn't remember how long I have had it, so rang weber, gave them the serial number and a few photos, and they told me they have 5 yr warranty. Had mine 4yrs 10 mths, they told me and a brand new grill arrived today at no cost. The new one seems to have a lot better enamal finish than the original one so hope this makes cleaning a bit easier. Barney

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
My weber baby q grill started going rusty, couldn't remember how long I have had it, so rang weber, gave them the serial number and a few photos, and they told me they have 5 yr warranty. Had mine 4yrs 10 mths, they told me and a brand new grill arrived today at no cost. The new one seems to have a lot better enamal finish than the original one so hope this makes cleaning a bit easier. Barney
will need to check ours

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
What an interesting read, as we bought a Weber Q2000 30 days ago, so it has been used about 35 times so far, it needed a clean as I spied a mouse had been dining at the drip tray cafe, pre heat and soapy water did the trick. Saw the Weber wire brush for $25, gagged so bought the same brush at woollies for $5 and just heat the grill and give it a hit with the brush gets a good wipe down every week or the aroma under the awning gets a bit strong on hot days.

Mitchbat

May 27, 2016
Perth
Apologies if I someone has already covered my method but a good old fashion steam clean is the answer, and I'm not talking about any fancy Danoz direct tools either. I turn the weber up full for 5 mins and then use a $2 spray bottle from the hardware to douse it in water. There will be plenty of flames and also steam but when the smoke clears the barby will be completely grease free. Then just use the Weber wire brush to remove any loose pieces and your done. You will be amazed at how clean this keeps it and takes no more than 30 seconds per use. I pull off the hotplate to scrape everything out every 6 months or per major fire, whichever comes first.