Just Browsing Cleaning a Weber bbq

mrsmfexpanda

May 27, 2015
Brookfield
Guys its simple stainless steel scourer detergant and light scrub and rinse off in the camp kitchen. I clean it after each time we use it or when we finish at each campsite and pack it up in its own travel bag. I watched @mfexpanda brother weber catch fire coz he never cleaned it

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Guys its simple stainless steel scourer detergant and light scrub and rinse off in the camp kitchen. I clean it after each time we use it or when we finish at each campsite and pack it up in its own travel bag. I watched @mfexpanda brother weber catch fire coz he never cleaned it

but

there IS a difference between clean
and making it look like its never been used................

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
That's almost as good as waiting for a van to be built!

The anticipation!

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
View attachment 38578
Lashed out yesterday and bought a baby q for the van. Very happy it fits on the old stand.
View attachment 38579
Got the 3m bayonet and duffel bag. The old Weber 200 will now reside under the pergola at home.
Love the new look Webber. Unfortunately we have two, a baby q and medium one at home. I would love a new one but it ain't going to happen. Lol

Reactions: bigcol

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
After seeking advice on cleaning our antique model, I'm pleased to report the heat blast after cooking and the wire brush trick work well.

We had a lot of trouble getting it lit on this trip so tried it on another caravan and finally found yet another mud wasp nest inside the Weber itself. All good now!

A pity really as I'd convinced myself a new one was required and I like the black.

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
I see I am not the only one the mud wasp problem. If it hasn't made a home in one end of the gas hose, it is always in the opposite end.I know, moral of the story is put hose in a bag after use but some times more important things to do.Have not had one block the weber itself but often but have seen a few scorched mud nest under the grill, now that may really add to the taste of things. Barney.

Reactions: bigcol

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I can't be bothered taking the hose off so have always put the bayonet end in a plastic bag to try to beat the mud wasps.

Somehow they managed to get inside the BBQ itself and take residence around the burner.

They didn't live to tell another tail.

Sturah

Oct 29, 2015
BrisVegas
Interesting reading. I have a Weber 200 which I always leave the bbq plate in at the rear and it is not looking to crash with rust biting in and taking off o few layers.
Any ideas on how best to reduce this?

Good news is I now have a baby q for the panda

grinner914

Aug 3, 2011
Bacchus Marsh VIC
Interesting reading. I have a Weber 200 which I always leave the bbq plate in at the rear and it is not looking to crash with rust biting in and taking off o few layers.
Any ideas on how best to reduce this?

Good news is I now have a baby q for the panda

I have a Baby Q for the van and a Family Q on the back deck for Home.

I too had the rust problem on the Family Q, it was 3 years old. Contacted Weber Customer Support, took a few photos and emailed them some details and I had the grill plates replaced.

I believe that using water on the grill brush to clean was a cause of the rust, so I now just use the grill brush dry, after the it has heated up.

Jason

Sturah

Oct 29, 2015
BrisVegas

I too had the rust problem on the Family Q, it was 3 years old. Contacted Weber Customer Support, took a few photos and emailed them some details and I had the grill plates replaced.

I believe that using water on the grill brush to clean was a cause of the rust, so I now just use the grill brush dry, after the it has heated up.

Jason
Great idea!!! It's not a cheap price of gear.

Sturah

Oct 29, 2015
BrisVegas

Jason
Sent the pictures through to Weber over the weekend they replied today with the new one on its way. Thanks for the advice

Reactions: dagree

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I just have the Weber one - it works, I'm happy
Grill-Brush-short.jpg
grill brush.jpg

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Got a couple of them as well but keep forgetting to use them with water..... The above one is two in one ;) Less for me to remember :p