Interior Caravan Safety - LPG Detectors

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
So i really want to install an LPG detector in the van, but ive never installed anything like this before....have no experience hardwiring to a battery like this. Im fairly easily taught and pick things up easily and have a good dose of common sense.....just wondering if its still possible for me to self install?

They are very easy to install. With mine you didn't even worry about +ve and -ve, so just the 2 wires to 12v and its all working.

Just finished installing it this afternoon before the trip away next week.

LPG Alarm1.JPG
LPG Alarm2.JPG

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Think I'll use it in the house and just go with the LPG detector in the van. The only thing that can give monoxide in the van is the heater and its flued outside and already has fancy detecting electronics in it that shuts it off at the hint of carbon monoxide. What else van give it?

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Think I'll use it in the house and just go with the LPG detector in the van. The only thing that can give monoxide in the van is the heater and its flued outside and already has fancy detecting electronics in it that shuts it off at the hint of carbon monoxide. What else van give it?

And the stove

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep I just went with a LPG detector again with Big Mal, couldn't see the need for a CO sensor, don't use the stove for a heater so doubt if thats going to gas us, unless some fool tapes up all the vents, this time the LPG unit is inside a cupboard so early detection for stove or fridge gas leak.

JT76

Jan 24, 2016
Central Coast
Fitted a co and lpg detector today, along with a couple of other things. Will hopefully never need either and I get the co detector may be overkill but they are cheap and I feel better by having them in now.

Only decided to fit them due to reading other posts on here.