Interior Caravan Safety - LPG Detectors

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Great Idea @Holden_man

This is the one I have received and will be fitting over the weekend......

Alarm_LPG.jpg

Available from Caravansplus.com.au for $49.10 + Postage

Also picked up this CO (Carbon Monoxide) Alarm....

Alarm_CO.jpg

Available from Bunnings for $29.90.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I looked at this gas detector from England. The description gives full specs including PPM which the others I looked at didn't. This one seems to be designed to connected to an extensive safety system that auto cuts off supply in the case of an alarm. Im not planning on getting any of that, and the units is also stand alone but its reassuring that its one component of a whole of concept system.

Screenshot_2015-07-12-13-02-08.png

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well I got a Gas detector today in Canberra, trying to figure out where to fit it in the 14.44.......most of the lower panels are cupboard doors, near the door or next to the Setec about the only place where it won't get clobbered and I can hard wire it.

Reactions: dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Fitted, hard wired to 12v. $60 from Canberra Jayco...........need to get my small gas bottle out to test it.

@Drover Instead of wasting the gas from your bottle buy a 99 cent cigarette lighter and let some of the gas out of it near the detector (Without flicking the flint :target: ) That's what I did as per instructions that came with our unit. OH and wear earmuffs if the alarm is as loud as the one I fitted :eek-53:

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
As @Crusty181 mentioned above I installed this one last night, it is a Gas/Co & LPG Detector in one
@burnsie did you have any Error faults come up when you installed yours? I installed the same one this afternoon hard wired to the Setec, it turns on okay and displays the temp and after 30-60 second it comes up with ERR and then flashes and the alarm goes off.

I have sent a message to the guy off ebay but thought I'd ask if you had any issues.

Cheers

Az