AzHaych's new 18.58.1OB Club Lounge

Aussiejet

Aug 12, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Hi Az.

Mate, I bet your feeling toey seeing the van is only just around the corner.
Just wondering if you know, or if any else that ordered an 18', is the rollout awning the same size that is on the current 17'?
If so, and on the plans it shows 14' awning, is there an option of a 15' awning?
I'd ask the dealer, but I reckon the folk here on this website would know anyway.
Also, with my 18' being done in the November batch, does that mean they will be starting to rush them through because of the Christmas rush? You've probably got the best of both worlds where they will take their time with the first batch and make sure everything is right, and you get it sooner.

Thanks Az

Peter

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Hi Az.

Mate, I bet your feeling toey seeing the van is only just around the corner.
Just wondering if you know, or if any else that ordered an 18', is the rollout awning the same size that is on the current 17'?
If so, and on the plans it shows 14' awning, is there an option of a 15' awning?
I'd ask the dealer, but I reckon the folk here on this website would know anyway.
Also, with my 18' being done in the November batch, does that mean they will be starting to rush them through because of the Christmas rush? You've probably got the best of both worlds where they will take their time with the first batch and make sure everything is right, and you get it sooner.

Thanks Az

Peter

Hi Peter
Yep considering we initially placed an order on a 17.56.1OB on the 19th of February and have been vanless since the 11th of April. I am, you could say, a little anxious.

According to the plans of the 17.56 and the 18.58 it is the same awning, I hadnt thought to ask the question and for us it would be too late. I do know that Carefree make a 15' but whether or not Jayco would do it you would be best to ask the question of your dealer.

As far as rushing them through before Christmas, I dont think it really matters if you are in the first batch of them or the 200th. You could argue that they may do some things on the first batch that is then refined for when yours is built in November. I suppose we can compare after you get yours in and yes I dont think I would cope if I had to wait until November.

Az

Aussiejet

Aug 12, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Thanks mate.
I'll ask about the 15' awning and if it will fit. It may not and that is why they use the same as on the 17'er. Maybe? We can soon find out.
That extra foot of annex space would certainly come in handy for storing all our "stuff".

And as far as your van coming in a few weeks time, heaps of photos with a running commentary please when it does turn up.
A critic of the quality issues would be interesting from your first batch run to compare with the second or third batch run when mine comes off in November. I'm sure I read somewhere that someone had an 18' coming off the line in October.

I hope you wait is a short one Az.

Talk soon.

Peter

Reactions: AzHaych

Tricky

Nov 10, 2012
Eltham Victoria
Hi Az,
Great info. Interested to know about the awning as we plan on an annex. We too had ordered a 17.56.1 and changed to a 18.58.1 due to the Club Lounge layout. Also have been "vanless" since early April. Should see our new one by mid October

Last edited:

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
And as far as your van coming in a few weeks time, heaps of photos with a running commentary please when it does turn up.
A critic of the quality issues would be interesting from your first batch run to compare with the second or third batch run when mine comes off in November

There will be lots of pics and hopefully not to much to report on as far as quality issues go, I'm more worried about them finishing it off as I've asked. Such as where I want the Drifter panel installed, the placement of the external picnic table, where the speakers are fitted off etc. I've been quite detailed in the plan and Grant from Page Bros has been awesome, but at the end of the day he or I are not standing on the production line when they're doing it. (Wish I could be!)

I am still a firm believer that if you want to find defects and you go looking for them, then you'll find them. My last van had a couple of little things like closers on the top cupboards pulling the screws, but I just got some bigger gauged screws and fixed them. They are a production line van and as far as value for money goes I think they are exceptional value.

Az

Last edited:

Journey

Mar 30, 2015
Western Australia
After seeing your post about the floor colours we queried this with our sales rep as our Starcraft is due August.
He stated their are two new floor colours available - the one posted above - 'Boston Dark' which is available on the Expanda poptop and caravans and 'Boston Light' which is available on the Starcraft's.
Waiting to see one on a actual van once they start to circulate.
We got Boston Dark by accident. They got it wrong ( should have been Boston Light) but we are more than happy. Doesn't show the dirt at all.

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Ok the van was due off the line yesterday, I held off (almost killed me) calling Grant at Page Bros until today. She has gone "Yellow" on the production line which means it has been water tested and weighed today. Potential delivery tomorrow but more than likely Monday to Page Bros, so sometime next week for hand over. :)

formyfamily

Aug 8, 2015
NSW
here it is @AzHaych I also got a porch for the front and the back which come off the antyflap bar , the annexe comes with a standard back wall and the extension room comes with a new back wall so it becomes like this , my back porch will also cover the extension room for added shade and protection from rain , the room is 2 meters long, the porch is 2 meters long its only really a room for kids to play and be when we are doing things don't know but I think it will come in very handy , it has an internal frame just had our van measured up and waiting for it to come then he will fit annexe track and annexe when it comes maybe 2 weeks they said today
oh and I got them to make a new draft strip the jayco one is crap and didn't fit properly there material is much better and black not noisy in wind I got this colouring was told 1756-2 2014 can not have annexe yea I got one for now disconnected my gas giddy up !!!!!!!!!! carnt wait to get it

View attachment 32035
Hi Bluey. what flooring do you use under your annex? do you put it down first and then set your annex up or set your annex up then put flooring down? ta

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
haven't really set it up yet be setting it up soon now we have good weather you could put down first but if its not exact size bit of stuffing around don't really want to peg through it I think I will have to cut flooring to size of annex as flooring is heaps bigger its the flooring that came with the van from jayco don't think I want my add a room dose anyone want it payed 750 say 500 would suit outback model zips in the same as the walls

Reactions: bigcol

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Yep getting a little anxious now....got all the thoughts running through my mind hoping they have a done a good job putting it together. I dont think I was this apprehensive when my wife was getting ready to give birth!!
If you accidentally leave this post on the screen there's a :beaten: coming your way

Tricky

Nov 10, 2012
Eltham Victoria
We use a light weight poly type material and always put it down first. You can then lay out the annex on a clean surface to complete the job.

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Hi Az,

How'd you go today?
Any news that the dealer has it yet?

At least with our kids there was no anticipation. C sections for all three.
So waiting for our 18' in November is going to be hell !!!!!!

Keep us all posted.
Sorry Gents been away for a day. Spoke with Grant Friday night and the van was suppose to be delivered on Friday but they had 12 vans being delivered from the factory and ours didnt make it. It is on the first truck Monday morning so I will have a handover date Monday, he said I can call in to have a look over it when it gets there on Monday morning.
I take a heap of photos and post them on here after I've been there.

If you accidentally leave this post on the screen there's a :beaten: coming your way
@Crusty181 I had the sister inlaws engagement party on Friday night and I told the wife that if the van was going to be ready for pick up I'd have to miss the party! She gave me the "you wish" but laughed.
I pushed it a little too far when I said that if she happened to be giving birth when the van was due for handover she'd be pushing it out herself! She didnt laugh at that one! :peep:

Last edited:

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
The van was delivered to Page Bros this morning and we have locked in 3pm Thursday for handover. Couple of minor issues, they didnt put the picnic table where I specifically asked for it to be. Grant suggested another picnic table beside it as a compromise and I said i would accept that.

There is an issue with the bed end tent at the back but it is only a minor thing where the bed end has been closed incorrectly and creased the vinyl. It will get replaced at the first service.

The only other thing was I specifically asked for the drifter panel and the hot water switch to go on the side of the fridge unit towards the back and they have placed them with the audio system above the fridge. This can also be done at the first service.

Overall I am really stoked with it, the extra foot inside really opens it up and the wife got the colours right, it looks awesome.

Cant wait until Thursday and then the weekend to have a play around.

By the way it hasn't got the gas bottle cover because of the extended drawbar cover, but I'm not overly concerned about this as I'll be fitting a toolbox asap.

Enjoy the first lot of pics. Az
IMG_1553.JPG

IMG_1554.JPG

IMG_1560.JPG

IMG_1561.JPG

IMG_1550.JPG

IMG_1551.JPG

IMG_1549.JPG

IMG_1558.JPG

IMG_1559.JPG

IMG_1557.JPG

IMG_1556.JPG