AzHaych's new 18.58.1OB Club Lounge

Robbie Reddog

Mar 25, 2015
Perth WA
Hi @Kimberley, firstly welcome, no problem with all the questions I asked exactly the same things of people on here before we bought our first van, its what we're all on here for.

The flooring is a new colour and is only in a sample swatch at your dealer, we are buying our van from Page Bros in Vic. As far as I am aware it hasn't been installed in vans yet as it was only released to the dealers two weeks ago. I am not aware of another lighter colour to the Mambo Cream and personally I think that the Mambo cream is two light anyway. The photos you see above my wife had taken the swatch out to a 17.56.1 that was in the dealership to put up against the joinery and dinette cushions. We had initially picked Willow as the base cushion but we had always worried that it may be to light. We preferred Zale/Cadel Charcoal but weren't overly keen on the bolster cushion of Zale in the option. When we saw the new floor colour we asked if we could have the Cadel Charcoal (plain colour) as the bolster and the base cushion, Grant from Page Bros confirmed on Monday that we can have this.

I have sent you a personal message with the price.

Az

After seeing your post about the floor colours we queried this with our sales rep as our Starcraft is due August.
He stated their are two new floor colours available - the one posted above - 'Boston Dark' which is available on the Expanda poptop and caravans and 'Boston Light' which is available on the Starcraft's.
Waiting to see one on a actual van once they start to circulate.

Reactions: AzHaych

Kimberley

May 7, 2015
Newcastle
After seeing your post about the floor colours we queried this with our sales rep as our Starcraft is due August.
He stated their are two new floor colours available - the one posted above - 'Boston Dark' which is available on the Expanda poptop and caravans and 'Boston Light' which is available on the Starcraft's.
Waiting to see one on a actual van once they start to circulate.

Hi Robbie, Matho & AzHaych
We were originally told that 3 flooring options were available for expanda poptop (incl the standard mambo cream) then they said only mambo cream is available and the latest they said Boston light is also available. I've emailed head office a couple of times to try and clarify but haven't heard back. Can you please confirm the name of the darker option that you have selected and had confirmed - is it Boston dark as Robbie has written?
Ps Disco is fantastic. Ride quality / performance/ comfort incredible. Wouldn't buy anything else.

Reactions: AzHaych

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Hi Robbie, Matho & AzHaych
We were originally told that 3 flooring options were available for expanda poptop (incl the standard mambo cream) then they said only mambo cream is available and the latest they said Boston light is also available. I've emailed head office a couple of times to try and clarify but haven't heard back. Can you please confirm the name of the darker option that you have selected and had confirmed - is it Boston dark as Robbie has written?
Ps Disco is fantastic. Ride quality / performance/ comfort incredible. Wouldn't buy anything else.

Hi @Kimberley as @darcy305 just confirmed it is the Boston Dark. Yep, I'm a massive fan of the Disco too!

Az

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Got the sign off list and plan sent through from Grant this afternoon, only a couple of minor details to change.
yes but found out today extension room not available till june oh well as long as got it for Christmas and cup weekend
Hey @Bluey have you had the annexe fitted yet? If you dont mind me asking what are you paying for yours, without the extension room? I had a quote that was a little more than I expected, like you, I asked for a verandah and I also got the clear windows. I asked it to be priced minus the Aussie Travellers as I had just bought a set for the old van.

Az

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Sign off form and plan all finalised, I hope I've covered off on everything!

upload_2015-5-29_0-17-25.png

upload_2015-5-29_0-22-39.png

Last edited:

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
It is now official we have changed our order to the new 18.58.1OB that was launched at the Brisbane Caravan and Camping show last weekend. The larger layout, 175ltr fridge, pullout pantry and Club Lounge are all the things that we would have loved in the 17.56.1. We are transferring over all of of our extras as listed below to the 18.58.1 with a slightly increased total price from the 17.56.1, but well worth the value for what we get with the new model.

Grant at Page Bros has gone above and beyond for us because technically the 17.56.1 was signed off and ordered and he has been able to swindle the change for us. If anyone wants to buy a new Jayco I can not recommend him highly enough, he's follow up, attention to detail and willingness to make sure we got exactly what we wanted was awesome.

-All the standard Outback extras
-Hot water service
-External shower
-Light over the shower
-Extra water tank
-Extra gas bottle
-Drifter control panel
-Picnic table
-Extended draw bar
-Show pack (Fusion sound system, windup aerial, TV)
-Extra double powerpoint to the side of the fridge cabinet near the TV
-Cadel Charcoal Bolster and cushion
-Boston Dark vinyl

Due early September...Cant wait!

upload_2015-6-11_14-56-7.png

18.58.1 Club Lounge.jpg

18.58.1 bunks.jpg

18.58.1a.jpg

18.58.1 kitchen.jpg

18.58.1 fridge.jpg

Last edited:

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
I actually showed Mrs Pace this thread while away on the w'end and she too has made interest into the 18', though the -2. Congrats @AzHaych Pace.
I like the 18-58-2 as well. Just looking at the layout I am curious to the ball weight with the big fridge well forward? On most vans they stick the fridge pretty close to the wheels, maybe the rear storage offsets it?

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Thanks @Pace, @davemc, @17triton, the place mats don't do the table size justice either, it is a really roomy layout and what I have felt that the 17.56 just fell a little short on.
The tare on the .2 is 2157kg and I have asked for the tare and ball weights for the .1 to see if I can keep the plate ATM to 2500kg. Not overly fussed for myself, just for resale later on down the track.

Az

Last edited:

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Apparently there was 8 of these ordered at the show on the weekend, mine makes it 9 for the first production run in early September.

Az

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham