AzHaych's new 18.58.1OB Club Lounge

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Thought I would start a post to help keep me sane whilst we wait for our new 17.56.1OB, we have recently sold our 2012 17.56.1OB that we loved and decided to stick with the same model.
Extras that we ordered:
-All the standard Outback extras
-Hot water service
-External shower
-Light over the shower
-Extra water tank
-Extra gas bottle
-Drifter control panel
-Picnic table
-Extended draw bar
-Show pack (Fusion sound system, windup aerial, TV)
-Extra double powerpoint to L/H side of kitchen bench

Within ourselves we have been swapping and changing selection of colours, but we made a final decision yesterday. There is actually a new colour flooring which we loved that secured what colour seating we selected.

IMG_4185.JPG

IMG_4187.JPG

It was also confirmed by Page Bros yesterday that the new bed end covers by Jayco will be available and can be fitted on vans coming off the line 23/7. This just happens to be the week ours is coming off the line, but we are going to wait as Alpine Annexes are also developing some at the moment as well.

I also asked about the USB power points and they still haven't got any and I'm told it will be one USB point in the power point under the main dinette. Once we get it, I will be up specking all power points to these ones that I found on eBay. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-...wer-Point-in-White-Bulk-5-Pack-/171775102221?
USB Powerpoint.JPG

Thanks to posts and ideas on here, some mods and extras that I'm planning once we get it are:
-Australia Wide Annexe
-Tool box with pull out sides ( @createit )
-Bike rack for drawbar
-Fit out of wardrobe with pullout wire drawers
-Fit out of pantry with pull out cupboard ( @Brad and others )
-Water filter system and drinking tap ( @Brad )

Now for the wait, I'm not good at waiting!

Az

Last edited:

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Congrats on the new van. The wait is painful. We picked our 17.56-2 last week just 6 weeks late, total 6 months since signing the contract. Ours didn't come with any USB points apparently they aren't coming. Been looking at the eBay ones but they aren't double pole switched for caravans, can't find the right ones.

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
G,day @AzHaych just wondering if the new floor color is now standard or did you have a choice because when we chose colors there was only one choice :(
Hi @darcy305 it is a new option that has just become available in the last week or so. Apparently it is a reaction to feedback that they have had with the Mambo Cream looking dirty all the time.

Az

darcy305

Jul 24, 2011
Meadow Heights
Thanks for that will have to look into that before doing our final sign off whenever we here from our seemingly silent salesperson.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Thought I would start a post to help keep me sane whilst we wait for our new 17.56.1OB, we have recently sold our 2012 17.56.1OB that we loved and decided to stick with the same model.
Extras that we ordered:
-Hot water service
-External shower
-Light over the shower
-Extra water tank
-Extra gas bottle
-Drifter control panel
-Picnic table
-Extended draw bar

Within ourselves we have been swapping and changing selection of colours, but we made a final decision yesterday. There is actually a new colour flooring which we loved that secured what colour seating we selected.

View attachment 32013
View attachment 32014

It was also confirmed by Page Bros yesterday that the new bed end covers by Jayco will be available and can be fitted on vans coming off the line 23/7. This just happens to be the week ours is coming off the line, but we are going to wait as Alpine Annexes are also developing some at the moment as well.

I also asked about the USB power points and they still haven't got any and I'm told it will be one USB point in the power point under the main dinette. Once we get it, I will be up specking all power points to these ones that I found on eBay. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-...wer-Point-in-White-Bulk-5-Pack-/171775102221?
View attachment 32015

Thanks to posts and ideas on here, some mods and extras that I'm planning once we get it are:
-Australia Wide Annexe
-Bike rack for drawbar

Az
we just got measured up for a Australia wide annexe what about a outside TV point for your van ????? they sit good on the picnic table if its not mounted in the van the TV

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
@Tone and @coled1970 I sent Sockitz (manufacturer) a message last week and they said that they had developed a double pole. I havent actually placed the order yet, but I will be in the coming week so I will let you guys know then.

@Bluey the 2015 Outback comes standard with external power, 12v and antenna points. We had the picnic table with our last 17.56.1OB and your right it is a great spot to sit the TV especially for the odd AFL game and F1 race.
Ive been researching all the different annexes and for me the Australia Wide is the most versatile, I love how you can unzip and roll up all the panels. We are also getting the clear windows and a verandah.

@darcy305 where are you buying your van from?

Az

Reactions: Tone

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
@Tone and @coled1970 I sent Sockitz (manufacturer) a message last week and they said that they had developed a double pole. I havent actually placed the order yet, but I will be in the coming week so I will let you guys know then.

@Bluey the 2015 Outback comes standard with external power, 12v and antenna points. We had the picnic table with our last 17.56.1OB and your right it is a great spot to sit the TV especially for the odd AFL game and F1 race.
Ive been researching all the different annexes and for me the Australia Wide is the most versatile, I love how you can unzip and roll up all the panels. We are also getting the clear windows and a verandah.

@darcy305 where are you buying your van from?

Az
oh the 2014 didn't re the tv point and with the annexe we got an extension room for back wall of annexe cost 720 but with kids it worth every cent I think it can be there play room I should get mine in a couple of weeks he said

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
oh the 2014 didn't re the tv point and with the annexe we got an extension room for back wall of annexe cost 720 but with kids it worth every cent I think it can be there play room I should get mine in a couple of weeks he said

Would love to see pics of it set up when you get it, the extra room sounds like a great idea. What colours did you go for?

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Would love to see pics of it set up when you get it, the extra room sounds like a great idea. What colours did you go for?

here it is @AzHaych I also got a porch for the front and the back which come off the antyflap bar , the annexe comes with a standard back wall and the extension room comes with a new back wall so it becomes like this , my back porch will also cover the extension room for added shade and protection from rain , the room is 2 meters long, the porch is 2 meters long its only really a room for kids to play and be when we are doing things don't know but I think it will come in very handy , it has an internal frame just had our van measured up and waiting for it to come then he will fit annexe track and annexe when it comes maybe 2 weeks they said today
oh and I got them to make a new draft strip the jayco one is crap and didn't fit properly there material is much better and black not noisy in wind I got this colouring was told 1756-2 2014 can not have annexe yea I got one for now disconnected my gas giddy up !!!!!!!!!! carnt wait to get it

photo.JPG

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Thanks for that @Bluey they are a fantastic looking annexe aren't they, I think they are the best on the market in their design and innovation. The add ons you've gone for will give you plenty of options in all conditions.

Az

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Thanks for that @Bluey they are a fantastic looking annexe aren't they, I think they are the best on the market in their design and innovation. The add ons you've gone for will give you plenty of options in all conditions.

Az
yes but found out today extension room not available till june oh well as long as got it for Christmas and cup weekend

Kimberley

May 7, 2015
Newcastle
Extras that we ordered:
-Hot water service
-External shower
-Light over the shower
-Extra water tank
-Extra gas bottle
-Drifter control panel
-Picnic table
-Extended draw bar

View attachment 32013
View attachment 32014

View attachment 32015

-Australia Wide Annexe
-Bike rack for drawbar

Az
Hi AzHaych we have ordered a 17.56.1 which won't come off the line until sept this year. We need to choose our color schemes and are finding it a little difficult as all the vans that we have seen only have the mambo cream which
Extras that we ordered:
-Hot water service
-External shower
-Light over the shower
-Extra water tank
-Extra gas bottle
-Drifter control panel
-Picnic table
-Extended draw bar

View attachment 32013
View attachment 32014

View attachment 32015

-Australia Wide Annexe
-Bike rack for drawbar
-Water filter system and drinking tap ( @Brad

Az
Hi AzHaych
I am new to this forum and am enjoying reading all about the Expandas. We are hoping to buy the same model that you have just ordered with practically the same options but finding it difficult to find flooring and upholstery that we would be happy with. The pictures of the darker floor you posted - are these from a website or have you seen an actual van? The only colour we have seen is the "standard" which looks dirty and marked. I believe there is also a lighter option floor now? I can't seem to find these 2 other options on the Jayco website - did your dealer say they are now available for vans coming off line later this year? Sorry for all the questions, but really want to get things right if we are going to spend the money. If it's not too rude to ask, would you mind giving a ballpark figure of your outback van cost including the extras?
Thanks

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Hi @Kimberley, firstly welcome, no problem with all the questions I asked exactly the same things of people on here before we bought our first van, its what we're all on here for.

The flooring is a new colour and is only in a sample swatch at your dealer, we are buying our van from Page Bros in Vic. As far as I am aware it hasn't been installed in vans yet as it was only released to the dealers two weeks ago. I am not aware of another lighter colour to the Mambo Cream and personally I think that the Mambo cream is two light anyway. The photos you see above my wife had taken the swatch out to a 17.56.1 that was in the dealership to put up against the joinery and dinette cushions. We had initially picked Willow as the base cushion but we had always worried that it may be to light. We preferred Zale/Cadel Charcoal but weren't overly keen on the bolster cushion of Zale in the option. When we saw the new floor colour we asked if we could have the Cadel Charcoal (plain colour) as the bolster and the base cushion, Grant from Page Bros confirmed on Monday that we can have this.

I have sent you a personal message with the price.

Az

Reactions: cruza driver

Kimberley

May 7, 2015
Newcastle
Thank you AzHaych - I really appreciate your help and it seems that everyone on this site is keen to help people with a whole range of information and good ideas. I'm sure your new van will be fantastic behind the Disco.
Enjoy

Reactions: AzHaych

Matho

Feb 15, 2015
Carnegie
Hi guys
@AzHaych we have the 17.56.1 OB ordered through grant at page bros due for end July. Painful wait hey?
We went in on Monday and changed to the darker floor too - much better!
I reckon we have almost exactly the same setup except we don't have a light over the shower - didn't think of that one, may have to make a call.
What model disco do you have? We have been looking for a new tug for ages and the disco seems about the only one with comfy enough third row seats for the growing kids (4 of them!). Any thoughts on the disco?
Cheers.
Matho

Reactions: AzHaych

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Hi guys
@AzHaych we have the 17.56.1 OB ordered through grant at page bros due for end July. Painful wait hey?
We went in on Monday and changed to the darker floor too - much better!
I reckon we have almost exactly the same setup except we don't have a light over the shower - didn't think of that one, may have to make a call.
What model disco do you have? We have been looking for a new tug for ages and the disco seems about the only one with comfy enough third row seats for the growing kids (4 of them!). Any thoughts on the disco?
Cheers.
Matho
Hey Matho
Great stuff, Grant is a great guy and has been fantastic to deal with. We had the light over the shower on our last van and it came in really handy for even just lighting up that side of the van.
I love the Disco, we've got a 2013 SDV6SE I wrote up a post here I didnt believe a virtually 3 ton 4wd could drive as smooth as it does. I'm sold on them now, the only way Im getting rid of it will be to buy the new model in 2017.

Az

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Hi @AzHaych, may just want to check these power points are for recreational vehicles. Please see below.
View attachment 32019

If they are it would be great. We are still waiting on ours to be fitted also.

Hi @coled1970 and @Tone I had some more correspondence with Cam at Sockitz this week and he said that they werent pushing ahead with the double pole version. But he said to "hold off a little as once type C usb becomes more popular everything will run off usb as it’s a total of 100watts from a usb port. So every item you have that used to use a little plug pack adapter or transformers like a laptop power supply will now power from a small usb port. So we are looking to make usb ports only that will be fine for caravans."

Az

Reactions: Tone