Starcraft A Fabulous Starcraft17.58-3.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
The stove is still next to the bed according to hq its the drawing thats wrong.

The stove is there so a microwave can go under it without fouling the wheel arch if the other way around.

sorry for the hijack @Fabulous

Nice list of extras mate :thumb:

Reactions: achjimmy and davemc

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
ok weird so they did a wrong plan.. As yes where would the air go if the microwave is above the fridge.
Bit of a bugger they fixed the window now by moving it down. You think they would of spotted that before they started making the vans. oh well wait to Summer and see what I do.

Off to see if I move one of the bed lights myself :)

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
no worries Cruza Driver, it would be good to get reliable information, in the end we are not too fussed as long as it comes with everything we specified, and that the travel height is the travel height on the brochure which the dealer has confirmed, and is in our contract.

Due to getting air conditioning in the wall, we were limited by the size fridge we could get, would have preferred the larger fridge, however it wouldn't fit.

Reactions: cruza driver

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
great stuff fabulous and Cruza thanks for posting. I am not sure I (not that what I want matters) want the sink next to bed. When we ordered this after the show we could only get the plan of the "touring model" so things were a bit sketchy. its good to see Jayco doing "continuous" improvement like the lights and window.

Reactions: cruza driver

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Congrats on the new van @Fabulous they sure seem to be popular.

I have been looking into this van also and got excited when i got the same layout plan from a dealer showing the kitchen window still there and the sink next to the bed instead of the stove. But after the dealer asked Jayco HQ for me i was informed the window is now gone and the sink is shown in the wrong position.

Anyway thats all part of the Jayco ride in my experience, now the wait and dreaming starts.

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
We got an email yesterday confirming that all is on schedule, and should be coming off the production line 26/11/14 ! Suprised to get the email, but good to here from them.

Reactions: achjimmy

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
Hi Dave, no didn't think, we weren't too fussed about the layout, but it does look different. Not too sure how often they will provide an update, if I get more, I'll ask then.

How's your van going ? all happy ?

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Van is going good might take off next weekend just have to see what happens. Just out in it 5 mins ago working out what to do to have the door wide open with the dinette window open. Have a idea with a pool noodle :) will look later.
Be good if that is at least fixed for you :)

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
Just been on the phone with our dealer who confirmed that ours will have the reading lamps for main bed on the door side of the van, during the tour we discovered that the expandas had a night light function, but the starcrafts do no, so our dealer has investigated this, and we will also be getting this for above the bunk. We are considering a bike rack, but have been quoted $412, I guess can't haggle over options now that we have signed up ! Also been told that it needs to be done by the factory, and can not be done afterwards.

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
We need to get a weight distribution hitch, and we know very little other than we feel that the hayman reese is the way to go. We can get a new one for $880 installed from the dealer, but have seen some second hand on eBay. So my query, would there be any issues with a second hand hitch ? Are there any parts issues or wear or any other perceived issues ? Would like to hear some opinions.

Thanks

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
no issues providing it hasn't been damaged. but it maybe the older style with a fabricated hitch not forged? there was a in place in Brisbane that was selling them on ebay a fair bit better than that. have you picked the van up yet, why are you sure you need one? what's your tug?

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
No, still waiting to Dec, we'll tow with our 2007 Patrol it has Poly airbags Again, most have mentioned it will tow better with the WDH. Jst doing our research. I saw one on eBay for $500 photos looked pretty good.