Starcraft A Fabulous Starcraft17.58-3.

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
Just came back from a great weekend in Bendigo, we stayed at the Big 4, Park Lane around 5km outside Bendigo. A good trip, good weather and a really good caravan park for family, our little one absolutely loved the playground, spent heaps of time on the jumping pillow, and had a ball at the indoor playground which is part of the caravan park, didn't even get a chance to check out the pool.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 248

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
looks like a great trip. thats a great park Phil.. Did you get out of the playroom before closing at night :) The boys where there each night until they closed up. Only way we could get them away from it :)
It still freak me out putting the van away your not got much space above :)

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
Yes Dave, a tight fit, the it misses the front door by around 70mm, and the back roller door by about 30mm, but it does fit. Nervous day when we first bought it home !

Last edited:

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
Had an interesting day today, went and weighed the car and caravan, the car came in 40kg below GVM at 2960kg noting it was full of gear, fuel and family so was happy enough with that. Van was mostly packed and full of water and weighed 2040kg noting our compliance plate has an ATM OF 2140, given we weighed both, the hitch weight would have been included on the vans weight, so it may well have been a little less, so have approx 100kg to play with. Combined weight of 5000 ! Patrol has a GCM of 5520 so feeling happy enough about the set up ! I'm not sure I agree with the TARE of 1665kg

yo racing

Dec 6, 2012
Geelong
Just came back from a great weekend in Bendigo, we stayed at the Big 4, Park Lane around 5km outside Bendigo. A good trip, good weather and a really good caravan park for family, our little one absolutely loved the playground, spent heaps of time on the jumping pillow, and had a ball at the indoor playground which is part of the caravan park, didn't even get a chance to check out the pool. View attachment 36564View attachment 36565View attachment 36566View attachment 36567
Hi, Fabulous, we are looking at a starcraft like yours, wondering what height your garage is, we too will have height concerns. thanks

Melinda

Nov 8, 2015
Brisbane
I have the Starcraft to which you refer and read on this forum my kids' curtains would fall off and my cupboard doors screws would fail..yes to both...the third thing that was supposed to fail was the dinette table...still waiting for that one...damn it for losing my ex to his srcretary, cause the guys who foreshadowed the abovementioned failures fixed 'rm themselves...

yo racing

Dec 6, 2012
Geelong
Front door is 2260mm but the back roller door is 2235mm, a very tight fit, but it goes through without reducing tyre pressures or anything.View attachment 37309very nervous the first time it went through.
Hi @Fabulous, thanks so much for the reply and going out of your way to upload a photo too. going by your measurements I'm 50 mm short but hoping with the tyres down and maybe even replace the skylight with a flat one will get me through. anything will be better than continuing to pack up my hawk. thanks again.

Reactions: Fabulous