Yummy Pizza Base Recipe!

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
I thought I would share my pizza base recipe, which I have made heaps of times at home - and will be giving it a go in the Weber for the first time this weekend!

Ingredients:-
1 1/2 cups warm water (375ml)
2 tsp dried yeast (7g sachet)
Pinch of caster sugar
4 cups of plain flour (600g)
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup olive oil, plus extra for brushing

Method:-
Combine the water, yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 mins or until foamy. Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the yeast mixture and oil. Use a round bladed knife in a cutting motion to mix until the mixture is combined. Use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl (depending on what flour I have on hand, sometimes I need to add just a little more water at this point if the dough seems too dry).
Brush a bowl lightly with oil. Knead the dough for 10 mins. Place in prepared bowl and turn to coat in oil. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 30 mins or until dough doubles in size.
Once dough has risen, punch down, then cut into 2-3 portions, roll out and you're done!

I make 2 large pizza bases out of this at home, as we like a thicker/deep pan crust (see pic below), but you can easily make 3+ if you like it thinner :)

pizza pic.JPG

It makes a lovely, light and fluffy pizza base at home - I will let you know how it turns out in the Weber after this weekend!

Cheers
Sandra

Reactions: gwadir

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Yum looks good @Flossymk1 you should add this to the recipe thread (Cooks Corner), we use the Baby Q ourselves when camping, we also use a Hillbilly campoven as well, lots of fun.

Dave