X-Trail

jed

May 16, 2013
Hi my wife and I are buying a 14ft Jayco Expanda with bathroom and shower I will be towing it with a Nissan X-trail 2.5lt petrol and was wondering if anybody else tows this size with an x-trail and how well do they tow ? any help would be greatly ap
preciated

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
My inlaws tow a 16" coromal with a diesel x-trail and have been doing so for many years Up and down the eastern coast line. Seems to do well.
my other car is a petrol x-trail. I used to tow my old camper trailer fine and towed my old 16" expanda but I definitely knew it was behind the car.
I reacon a 14" would be a good fit Being just that bit lighter.

jed

May 16, 2013
k
My inlaws tow a 16" coromal with a diesel x-trail and have been doing so for many years Up and down the eastern coast line. Seems to do well.
my other car is a petrol x-trail. I used to tow my old camper trailer fine and towed my old 16" expanda but I definitely knew it was behind the car.

Hi Brad thanks for the reply :) The 14ft has a a shower and weighs 1457kg does this compare to the weight of your 16ft?

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Gee it has been a couple of years since I had the 16.
I am not sure of the weight from back then.
it was a 16.49.1b. Maybe someone else who still has one of these will reply for you.

jed

May 16, 2013
Gee it has been a couple of years since I had the 16.
I am not sure of the weight from back then.
it was a 16.49.1b. Maybe someone else who still has one of these will reply for you.
Thanks Brad the 16.49.1 weighs 1442kg which is lighter than the 14ft with shower which means I really need to reconcider maybe acamper trailer like the Flamingo ,thanks again mate

swifty

Mar 7, 2013
A diesel X-Trail will eat a petrol one every time for towing. For general use for that matter.

jed

May 16, 2013
A diesel X-Trail will eat a petrol one every time for towing. For general use for that matter.
Yeah cant argue that but I elected to go with petrol and really am enjoying the ride :)