Work N Play

Where2nxt

Oct 6, 2012
Western Australia
G'day, it's only been a year but I'm upgrading my expanda already to a Work N Play 17-51-2 (shower/toilet). Ordered couple of days ago but have to wait until March next year. Selling like cold beer on any given day I was told. Living in WA so things might take a bit longer. Plus a couple of mods I have added to it

Upgrade fridge to a 150
Fit external shower
Light above external shower
Extended A-frame
120w solar and aux battery
Wind up antenna
Ibis roof air con
Outside fold table

I just think, I'm miss one important thing. So my question is, what is the one best, maybe not best but handiest mod you have added to your van (I know there's a lot) but I've probably only got $$ for one more minor mod. I do I fair bit of free camping. Thanks for any info. Still the best info site going around. Cheers

Walks

Sep 15, 2013
Melbourne
G'day, it's only been a year but I'm upgrading my expanda already to a Work N Play 17-51-2 (shower/toilet). Ordered couple of days ago but have to wait until March next year. Selling like cold beer on any given day I was told. Living in WA so things might take a bit longer. Plus a couple of mods I have added to it

Upgrade fridge to a 150
Fit external shower
Light above external shower
Extended A-frame
120w solar and aux battery
Wind up antenna
Ibis roof air con
Outside fold table

I just think, I'm miss one important thing. So my question is, what is the one best, maybe not best but handiest mod you have added to your van (I know there's a lot) but I've probably only got $$ for one more minor mod. I do I fair bit of free camping. Thanks for any info. Still the best info site going around. Cheers

Just in case you haven't have you got the outback pack. Other than that i've gone for the same as you.

I've also opted for an external TV point so i can take the TV outside for watching music DVD's or the boxing day test. Nothing better than sitting by the river with mates sinking cans and watching the boxing day test.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
That looks real good the only thing i would suggest is a extra water tank and an extra battery if freecamping is your thing, that way you could get away without carrying a genny around as well perhaps?If you get the battery while getting built then it won`t come off your payload and you can carry another slab of the good stuff. Oh and the stereo with ext speakers. As you can see i can`t count oops.

Walks

Sep 15, 2013
Melbourne
That looks real good the only thing i would suggest is a extra water tank and an extra battery if freecamping is your thing, that way you could get away without carrying a genny around as well perhaps?If you get the battery while getting built then it won`t come off your payload and you can carry another slab of the good stuff. Oh and the stereo with ext speakers. As you can see i can`t count oops.

Oh yeah i get the external speakers too. Got to go for them. I wanted to have 3 water tanks but they said they are unable to fit 3 tanks.

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
From memory, the work & play does not have a table, so you will need to carry one.
I can't work out how to add links to other threads on the iPhone, but check out my "Soarings mods" thread for my table storage.

Grano n play

Apr 18, 2013
Perth W.A
Welcome fellow sandgroper, nice choice of van, I agree with most about outback model, I almost didn't go outback , was just going to go the underslung way. Then was convinced by resale value side of it. Look in toy hauler threads plenty of mods there...

Reactions: Where2nxt

Where2nxt

Oct 6, 2012
Western Australia
Ok thanks people. Yes it is a OB. Didn't think about music, but I am now. Have a bit of time before mod window close so thanks.I thought one battery with solar would be ok due to the fact living up here in the Pilbara it is 40 odd deg most year and I have a 2.4 Yamaha geny ( which I didn't mention)for the air con and stuff when needed. But thanks for the input. Thanks Soaring, it does have a table in the play section but is removed when bikes or gear is in the van and I will check out your thread. Cheers

Reactions: 17triton