17' Series Will a weber fit in the tunnel?

23chris

Sep 20, 2015
penrith
Hi

will be picking up our 2012 17.56-2 OB just looking at buying a Weber baby Q (Q1200)
and not sure if the weber will fit in the tunnel boot
is this possible?

thanks

burnsie

Jan 29, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hey @23chris we have a 2014 17.56-2 OB I thought the front tunnel boots are similar and we have a Weber Baby Q but it will not fit in the opening, I believe it can squeeze into the boot if you put it in from the inside but it is a bit more painful.

I know some of the earlier year models had a slightly larger tunnel boot, the other guys on here might be able to confirm

btw: the Weber is a great product and well worth the purchase even if it doesn't fit :)

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

23chris

Sep 20, 2015
penrith
Hey @23chris we have a 2014 17.56-2 OB I thought the front tunnel boots are similar and we have a Weber Baby Q but it will not fit in the opening, I believe it can squeeze into the boot if you put it in from the inside but it is a bit more painful.

I know some of the earlier year models had a slightly larger tunnel boot, the other guys on here might be able to confirm

btw: the Weber is a great product and well worth the purchase even if it doesn't fit :)

Cheers Burnsie can I ask where you store your weber when on the move?

cheers

burnsie

Jan 29, 2015
Perth
Cheers Burnsie can I ask where you store your weber when on the move?

We store our Baby Q in the Weber Duffle bag, keeps everything dirty inside the bag and we leave it on the floor inside the door when travelling. When we arrive at camp we always take it out and set it up on the table ready to use.

baby-q-duffle-bag.jpg

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Have the same van as @burnsie and no it won't fit through the tunnel opening unfortunately. Would love to set it up in there on a pull out draw like some have done on other vans.

Ours also gets stored in a duffle bag and placed in the box on the front.... Usually one of the first things to unload and get a roast chook going while setting up ;)

One of the best investments we got for the van!

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Have you looked at something different :) our Q200 just squeezed in our 22.68 tunnel although was pushing up against the roof and a tight squeeze... a Q100 would of fitted. We got a never used Sizzler high roof BBQ cheaper the a Q1000 and I like it better then the Weber for me.
It might fit in?
Dimensions: 255H x 453W x 295D (mm)

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Our ancient weber is stored in a plastic box on the draw bar, behind the stone guard and has travelled there for many a year and many a kilometre.

I used two very expensive polystyrene boxes, cut to accommodate mr weber, and it doesn't move.

I just have to remember to free it up before we open the front bed end. Works for us.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I don't think they'd invented a duffel bag when we bought our Weber....around the time of dinosaurs.

I gave ours a good clean yesterday with the wire brush etc as, once more, it refused to light and noticed the black paint on the base is almost gone. The inside is consistently brown but there's no rust on the burner pipes.

I'm wondering if we need a replacement piezo igniter.

Anyone replaced one of these? Or maybe a new BBQ. I love the a Weber but others may now be as good. I saw one which looked like a ladybug so I'm tempted.

pauljygrant

Apr 1, 2015
Adelaide
The only reason I haven't purchased a Weber Q is that it won't fit in the boot of my Basestation. I currently have an old, cheap 2 burner from Bunnings that does fit (I modified the legs to fold).
Currently investigating the Everdure Neo Buddy that according to their specification is only 5mm too high - a visit to check it out in person and see if I can tweak its size is next.
Other benefit of this BBQ over the Weber is it's less likely to be stolen when left outside the caravan.
Will post again if I decide to purchase.

Reactions: bigcol

23chris

Sep 20, 2015
penrith
does the meat taste any better on a weber over a normal bbq all is it just a wank factor?
how does the Ziggy compare I did have a look at the Ziggy and I liked the look of it

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Weber roast is definately the best! I find it better than a camp oven.....and they are great.

Steak is also great but roast is superb. The joy of cooking a succulent roast, on the road, is outrageous and all you need is an extra tablecloth to make it a really enjoyable occasion.

We've just finished the roast lamb we cooked two nights ago and, even reheated, the flavour is still there.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
does the meat taste any better on a weber over a normal bbq all is it just a wank factor?
how does the Ziggy compare I did have a look at the Ziggy and I liked the look of it

its an either either type thing
like cooking on Gas / Fire / electric frying pan

whatever floats your boat I suppose

Reactions: dagree

pauljygrant

Apr 1, 2015
Adelaide
FYI - happy to clarify that the Neo Buddy does fit (just) into the Basestation front boot. Not sure if the boot opening size is the same as on other models.
Only purchased today so haven't had opportunity to try cooking on it yet.