WA Where will you go next?

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
Looks like WA regional travel may be permitted in a few weeks time which got me thinking...

Where will you go when your intra-state travel is relaxed? And how soon after it's announced?

I'm assuming the crossing of state borders will be many, many months away

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
We're thinking about reversing our 18 month trip plans and heading north over 3 or 4 months, possibly via Kalgoorlie, lake Ballard, sandstone, Geraldton, Carnarvon, Exmouth, Broome.

Then sitting it out up there and wait for access into the NT... or head back to Perth... very slowly

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Borders closed, no interstate nomads clogging the by ways, what a great time to travel up that way, perfect time of year really............... be fantastic, suppose it depends on when they allow intra state travel again, seems you can only stay within certain districts

Last edited:
Reactions: jazzeddie1234

Chriso100

Apr 26, 2020
Rosebud Victoria
With our newest purchase, our 1st van, we will head off to Wentworth. This is of course is when the restrictions are lifted. We need to get 2 nights in the van for a shakedown. As we live way down south of Victoria, going a little north will hopefully provide some warmth over 3 degrees!

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
The cloud that I see on the horizon is when/if they open things up we are going into our winter, it was winter in the northern hemisphere where this whole mess started, it's starting to slow down up there as it warms up ,I hope that it does not speed up here as it cools if it does get worse it will be unfortunate to be a long way from home,and if it does kick off they will close the borders again,we have been lucky so far but at great expense to the country .my current paper plan is to look at.all the places we drive past to get to the more exotic locations, places near home base

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
With our newest purchase, our 1st van, we will head off to Wentworth. This is of course is when the restrictions are lifted. We need to get 2 nights in the van for a shakedown. As we live way down south of Victoria, going a little north will hopefully provide some warmth over 3 degrees!

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Wentworth is an interesting place with the meeting of the darling and the Murray rivers(tea and coffee) really good meals at the RSL we missed going to lake mungo which looks like an interesting place, it’s now on our southern wish list, probably go to the blue lake on that trip,

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
Hopefully they relax the WA internal travel restrictions - may try to go north in July/August to see the wild flowers and also out to Mt Augustus.

Nice. I was looking at Mt Augustus on a map yesterday. About 1000kms return from Carnarvon with over 700 of dirt so still on the maybe list.

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
The cloud that I see on the horizon is when/if they open things up we are going into our winter, it was winter in the northern hemisphere where this whole mess started, it's starting to slow down up there as it warms up ,I hope that it does not speed up here as it cools if it does get worse it will be unfortunate to be a long way from home,and if it does kick off they will close the borders again,we have been lucky so far but at great expense to the country .my current paper plan is to look at.all the places we drive past to get to the more exotic locations, places near home base

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
Well , not trying to rub it in, we are enjoying the benefits of a state that is covid free and runs the entire coastline. Camping at 40 mile beach - east of Karratha.

20200706_121345.jpg View from the caravan. No neighbors in sight
20200707_145609.jpg Only a marginal sized flathead so far but the boats are catching good size fish
20200710_110053.jpg Did run over a sharp stone but the cheap tpms warned me in time. It had been annoying me with signal dropout alarms but fortunately I looked to see what the alarm was this time. Tyres are new so forked out $30 to get a proper repair instead of a plug