Where is your Solar Regulator mounted

Mel

Jan 20, 2014
Hi all,

Weve just ordered our new 16.49-1 with dinette and just wondering where everyones solar regulators are mounted? From what we can see Jayco seem to mount them near the power point opposite the sink or on the side wall above the dinette. What are peoples thoughts on this as they are not the most attractive units especially when comparing with the drifter units.

Cheers,
Mel

Last edited:

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
If talking about the display our 17.56.2 has it mounted above the dinette on the outside of the microwave cabinet (Just noticeable on the left of the pic below)

Img_0240.jpg

Last edited:

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
speaking from a performance side i try to mount them as close to the batteries as possible, otherwise there will be voltage drop on the regulated side of the regulator, which usually means under a bed or seat, some ppl don't want them there as a bit harder to see

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Yes should have added like @DaveS mentioned. It is best to have them as near the battery as possible however that usually means you can't see them or you have to get down on your hands and knees to check. I have mine in the first best spot that can be seen but not too far away. Run heavy enough cable and the voltage drop would be next to nothing worth mentioning.

BJ.

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
My regulator in a 16.49.3 in on the side wall of the top shelf in the bottom cupboard (where the hot water system is located). Then it is just thru the gap under the wall where the wheel arch is, and onto the batteries.