16' Series What's your thought... Scam?

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Having discussions the the Minister of Home Finances about upgrading from the 16' soft top to a later model 17' hard lid and got the go ahead to start looking :D

Found one supposedly local at an "Unbelievable" price that I thought may have been a typographical error.
Below is a copy/paste of an email I sent last night and the reply I received this morning.
After getting the reply I tried opening the Online Quokka add and surprise surprise :closed_2: and couldn't find it on Flebay!!!!!

What's your thought's? I know what I think I will be doing ....... :bolt:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi A**** & D*****,

Thank you for the reply.
As much as it is tempting unfortunately I do not purchase items unseen and only pay cash or bank cheque on pickup. (Always have even before the days of internet buying/selling).
Nothing personal but I know of people that have been scammed using third parties like ebay and paypal.

If by chance you ever need to take the van anywhere near Perth before it is sold I definitely would like to catch up to have a look at it.

Thanks Again,
David

Sent: Monday, February 17, 2014 10:35 AM
To: David Stephen
Subject: Re: 2011 Jayco Outback Expanda 17.56.1 with Bunks

Hi David,

First of all thank you for your interest!

We are sorry for the late reply but we travel a lot interstates (WA-NT-SA) due to our specialization in pediatrics and is quite difficult for us right now to sell it so due to all these reasons we also listed listed the caravan on eBay three weeks ago at a higher price but we haven't got luck in selling it for the asked price and now we are having some problems so this caravan needs to go now ASAP for a buy now price of $10,500. Please note that if you're interested we can arrange a "Buy Now Price" sale through eBay services straight away.
*We have listed the caravan on all states, but the main location is in Kununurra, WA 6743 where we live as well; for a quick sale we are ready to help and split the transport costs using a local transporter.

I want to confirm that you will find this caravan in very good conditions, it comes with a clear title and has no finance on it; rego 09/14, no damages inside/outside this is sure!

Please note that eBay will act as a third party and will secure the sale for your pick up as we need to be sure you're serious and with the funds available (in case you want to pick up personally). Please don't understand me wrong as this is not an offense; we had similar conversations with other interested persons before but sadly they didn't had the funds available or they needed only our personal identifications/rego papers for their finance.
*Your deposit is 100% refundable in case of any dissatisfaction, so dealing through them it's safe and easy.

If you need more info we can send you all the pictures we have; I will also get in touch with eBay to send you more info about the whole process and if everything is clear, only then you can give us a clear answer, no worries!

Kindly Regards,

A**** & D***** C*****

----- Original Message -----

Sent: 02/17/14 01:30 AM

To:******* @********.com

Subject: 2011 Jayco Outback Expanda 17.56.1 with Bunks

Hi,
I saw your add in the online quokka and am after a caravan similar to yours but after looking at quite a few your price seems well below the going price.
Can you please confirm that the price is $9,950 or was it a typographical error?

If it is an error can you let me know the actual price?

Cheers,
David

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
:mod: MOVE ON, and dont touch is my opinion.

SCAM for sure, for pediatrics their grammer leaves a lot to be desired too. They must have moved on from the oil rig job they previously had.

Reactions: dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Don't worry I have walked away (Unless they bring it to Perth for me to view) and also noticed the grammer.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Another thing that made me suspicious was the "We are sorry for the late reply" comment as it was replied to the following morning!!!!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Well we were all correct in saying SCAM!!!!!!!!
I just received the so called email from eBay as he was going to organise but guess what????????
He/they sent it to the email address that I used to query the price which is different to the email account I use for :D