12' Series What's it worth - 2008 Jayco 12-37

Red Centre Campers

Jan 18, 2021
Alice Springs
We currently own a 2008 Expanda 12-37 in very good condition. We are considering selling and upgrading to a larger van however it appears that the 12-37ft vans are rare and I'm unable to find any currently for sale which would provide me a guide to their worth. Does $14-15k seem reasonable for these vans in today's market? A couple of pics of the van are attached. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanking you in advance, Regards Bryan

Attachments

• Carport.jpg
    Carport.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 262
  • Dining.jpg
    Dining.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 263
  • Hooked up.jpg
    Hooked up.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 263
  • Kitchen.jpg
    Kitchen.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 257
  • Camping 1.jpg
    Camping 1.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 270

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
That looks a very tidy unit, if the bed canvas and awning is is good nick I think you would be able to ask a bit more really, I would be starting at near $20k myself and see how many bites............. Being in the middle of the Free World (QLD, SA,NT, WA) helps just a long bluddy drive.

If using Gumtree etc I would be watermarking all the pictures and using a new email address, don't use your general use one, scammers will be thick and fast and those that are ready to throw down money straight away sight unseen are suspect................ in fact after a mates recent episode I would be using a quicky, cheapy pre-paid phone number, he even went to a one off savings account for deposits, once he sold the van he closed the account, one of his family had ID clonned .................

Red Centre Campers

Jan 18, 2021
Alice Springs
Thanks Drover, I appreciate your feedback on the van and the sound advice when dealing with scammers. 40 yrs ago a handshake with an IOU would've been fine between buyer and seller. Sadly it doesn't cut the mustard today.
The van is our first and it has been great and is in very good condition however we plan to do some traveling in the next year so time to upgrade. As I mentioned, it is difficult to find this model for sale so a selling price is hard to gauge. I am mindful that living in the "Free World" as you put it (Alice) will detract those that would normally be interested. I'll look at listing it in a few weeks and see how I go. Again, appreciate your comments.

Reactions: Drover

rags

I keep an eye out for the 12 ft vans as an owner of one. I recently seen an outback advertise fo $28k and it sold and another outback for $24k. So like @Drover suggested and considering it is an on road version and the non hard lid bed I would throw at least $20k on it and see what interest you get.

Reactions: Drover

Red Centre Campers

Jan 18, 2021
Alice Springs
Thanks Drover, I appreciate your feedback on the van and the sound advice when dealing with scammers. 40 yrs ago a handshake with an IOU would've been fine between buyer and seller. Sadly it doesn't cut the mustard today.
The van is our first and it has been great and is in very good condition however we plan to do some traveling in the next year so time to upgrade. As I mentioned, it is difficult to find this model for sale so a selling price is hard to gauge. I am mindful that living in the "Free World" as you put it (Alice) will detract those that would normally be interested. I'll look at listing it in a few weeks and see how I go. Again, appreciate your comments.
Thanks Rags, appreciate your feedback.