what wdh? to get

Jan 24, 2012
adelaide
Ive got a landrover discovery which drags its bum when the caravan goes on the back, getting diff car down the track but for now would like to get a wdh so some advise on which one would b good.ball weight is ok caravan is 17.5 tandem OB .

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Hi - which model Disco have you got? We have Series 3 with coils - upgraded springs and handles our Expanda well.....

Cheers Bill

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
A&J - did the series 1 have the Self Leveling Suspension? If so, the LR recommendation is no WDH (although I vaguely recall reading of an option available for the Series2 which was ok with it).
If not, I think you should be fine with most of the commercial ones, HR/Eaz-lift etc. However, you may need to check if you have the heavy duty tow pack installed. I believe the std duty ones were a bit weaker.
Maybe check with Solitaire LR in Adelaide???

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
That is one of the most common one around, so no problem with quality or the like. Shop around, you may do better - mine was $600

However, if you get it from your caravan dealer, they may do a free fit also which means it will be set up right - particularly if the main shank thing needs to be changed over for a different length as several have found, inc me.

Klugerclan

Aug 31, 2011
Recommend you get a dealer to fit, we got an Eaz-lift which works really well. Neighbour got a 2nd hand HR for his base-station and has had a load of trouble getting it right and is still not perfect.