16' Series What size sheets?

Giles family

Aug 19, 2012
Hello

We have just purchased our first Expanda - a 16-49-4 - from the Wodonga Caravan and Camping show. We take possession of it in early Sep, just in time for school holidays. Great excitement!

I was just wondering if anyone could confirm what size fitted sheets I will need for the beds? I have in mind that one bed is a double and the other a queen size. And the bunks are singles?

Hope someone can clear this up for me.

Many thanks

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I will watch with interest. We are getting same van, I think wifey was getting Queen for our end (rear) and double for front. Also getting that eggshell stuff also.

Geoff

Giles family

Aug 19, 2012
What's the eggshell stuff Geoff? I am intrigued! Going into the Jayco showroom to check the van over today... excited, much?!

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Its like a mattress topper (or sponge underlay). Lots of people complain about the queen mattress, it is made up of 3 pieces and you lay where a join is so you need something to cover the gaps. It may be called something else but I thought it was called eggshell sponge?

Geoff

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Eggshell is the go, the kids had the double in our 16' now I will cut down the centre for the bunks!

Cheers.

Harv n Bron

Jul 9, 2012
Hi, the kidlet and I are off this weekend for our 1st shakedown trip in our 16.49.4 this weekend, hopefully the weather will clear up:frown:. I intend to take queen, double and single sheets and work out which is the best fit for what. When we get back mid/late next week I'll come back to you on what I used and where.

I have to get all this sorted before I take he minister away in the van..... Harv.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
We had our sheets left over from our Swan camper which had the foam mattresses, we just got Queen for both ends, that way doesn't matter if they get mixed in the wash etc. How ever I think when the wife purchased the Flanelette sheet for winter they may both be double, still fit OK as the innerspring in the Panda aren't as thick as your standard home matress.

Eggshell is the way to go over top, which reminds me,I need to get another one didn't think we'd need it with the innerspring.

Giles family

Aug 19, 2012
Thank you everyone - I look forward to hearing what sheets suited your beds best Harv n Bron.

If anyone is interested, I popped into our Jayco dealer today and he gave me the mattress sizes for each bed:

Front: 1850lx1460wx250h
Rear: 1850lx1350wx250h
Bunks: 1760lx670wx75h

cheers

carpanda

Jul 15, 2014
Sydney, NSW
Hey everyone, if the beds are split can u use fitted sheets still. Would u get a queen and a double fitted sheet. Also do u need to take all the bedding off when beds get packed away. Thanks guys:)

billykidd

Apr 2, 2013
Brisbane
Yes you can use fitted sheets still, and yes you can leave them on, as long as they are clean of course. Also we have the egg shell topper on both ends and it all folds up incl donnas no trouble, on our 16