What is the difference between current and older models?

James Jackson

May 7, 2013
Hi All,
Am looking at the Jayco Expanda 18.57-9. Does anyone know what the difference is between models over the years? It doesn't need to be specific to that layout, but more broadly what have Jayco changed in the Expanda models over the years. I'm particularly interested in knowing what a 2012 model is like in comparison with a 2008 or 2010 model for example.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Hi James and Welcome,

08 models wouldn't have the "HARD LID" over Bed ends where as 010's would have, there's also most likely small layout changes and interior colours along with other comestic changes, taps, door handle etc

James Jackson

May 7, 2013
Ahhh thats great advice, thanks Bushman. I'm a fan of the Hard Lids so I'll discount pre 2010 models then. Colour schemes is not something that I'm worried about (although I won't tell the missus)

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Ahhh thats great advice, thanks Bushman. I'm a fan of the Hard Lids so I'll discount pre 2010 models then. Colour schemes is not something that I'm worried about (although I won't tell the missus)

I think Hard Lids may have come in some time in 09, oh the the first ones didn't have the "J" hook the supports the canvas inside the bed ends.

jacbaz

Feb 6, 2011
Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne
Ours is a 2008 with a hard lid and no hockey stick - we also have the mesh bed flies and have never had an issue with wet beds - in extreme downpours, a small amount of water pools on the canvas but this is easily removed by pushing up the canvas! The hard lids must have come out in late 2008
Jacki

swifty

Mar 7, 2013
We have an 08 but it's a soft lid and has hockey sticks. If you have bed end flys then I don't see too much benefit in a hard lid (personal opinion OK! ;))

bigbertha

Oct 6, 2012
port elliot sa
we have a december 2012 16-49-1 hard lid and the ease of setting up is great , ours came with full battery and solar set up also new snow flake antennas. new true reverse cycle roof top air conditioner and new full oven with turn table built in. a few other new cosmetic things but layout seems to be the same. also had full canvas privacy screens added and this keeps the bed end canvas totally dry.