Well that's us.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The drones all hang around the coast....out west looked normal just greener and the cricks had water...

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Let me put it this way, at least you have the chance to get away. I am stuck at home and waiting for the chance to get on the road one day again. I must admit though, I would not be happy with all of those crowds.
You cant help but think that the safe Covid free states haven't really learned much from the Victoria disastrous handling of this, people congregating all over the shop, qld absorbing every sporting event and sporting team in the country. Just a dumb chippy from Mexico can kinda see it could be an issue just waiting to ignite.

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
You cant help but think that the safe Covid free states haven't really learned much from the Victoria disastrous handling of this, people congregating all over the shop, qld absorbing every sporting event and sporting team in the country. Just a dumb chippy from Mexico can kinda see it could be an issue just waiting to ignite.

@Crusty181 , if the behavior of some of the footballers is any indication, it really is a "powder keg" waiting to be ignited by some idiot who won't do the right thing!!
Not to mention the people trying to breach the borders... over 600 stopped/turned back over the long wekend!! And Anna is threatening to keep borders closed as long as necessary (including shutting down the borders entirely) - until when community transmission has been controlled in Victoria, NSW and Canberra., when ever that is. At the moment, we are getting away with freedom of some sort and after the last weekend (a long weekend because of Exhibition time) when most places were fully booked , even the tourist operators have quietened down for the moment. But how long can all this last??

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Rollingstone Cpk on long Qld weekend was packed no vacancies ,with young people with kids ,new vans,camper trailers,drinking with mates,surreal really! What virus ,what recession!Maybe a few should be dropped into Melbourne might wake them up re virus. Must be getting old as asked to be shifted from young ones area. The money being spent on new vans and tow vehicles is astounding.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Our place is a bit quieter than normal but the C/Parks are chockers, no restrictions other than if going to Pub, Club or Restaurant, something we don't really do so its practically like normal, the usual idiots from the city driving like loons along the beach, only takes 3 or 4 idiots to attract attention, won't be surprised if they bring in limited permit numbers for Cooloola/Teewah beach access.....................

Thats why I stay away form the coast @BJM I'm a Bah Humbug Old Coot.

Reactions: chartrock

rags

Our place is a bit quieter than normal but the C/Parks are chockers, no restrictions other than if going to Pub, Club or Restaurant, something we don't really do so its practically like normal, the usual idiots from the city driving like loons along the beach, only takes 3 or 4 idiots to attract attention, won't be surprised if they bring in limited permit numbers for Cooloola/Teewah beach access.....................

Thats why I stay away form the coast @BJM I'm a Bah Humbug Old Coot.

i think they have already capped numbers and you need a COVID19 Restricted Access Area Permit to enter Cooloola and Bribie Island
https://parks.des.qld.gov.au/covid-19#toc-1
Also I notice that they have a cap on numbers that can camp in areas like Inskip etc.

Reactions: Drover

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Always amazed may how many camped at Inskip point ! Eating sand for breakfast lunch and dinner , cheek to jowel ,last time I had a look was a few years ago mess everywhere

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@Drover @BJM its the people dismissing
Always amazed may how many camped at Inskip point ! Eating sand for breakfast lunch and dinner , cheek to jowel ,last time I had a look was a few years ago mess everywhere
Plus that other small inconvenience when all the sand slips away and inhales your family, your car and your caravan with it. Last time we camped there the smoke from the island fires was blinding and suffocating, and the midgies insane. Fun place

Reactions: mfexpanda and BJM

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD

@Drover @BJM its the people dismissing
Plus that other small inconvenience when all the sand slips away and inhales your family, your car and your caravan with it. Last time we camped there the smoke from the island fires was blinding and suffocating, and the midgies insane. Fun place

WOW and I thought it was just me, I don't like the place myself for the very same reasons, smoke everywhere, sand flies and people wanting to share their mongrel music, its a horrible place..............
Way back in time it would take you nearly an hour or so to get from Rainbow Beach to Innskip if you couldn't use the beach and it was a nice beach but still had that tick scrub, then they put a tarred road in and the place went to the dogs and now camping along Teewah Beach is known as a sewer camp, they keep improving access so any drongo can visit, I do laugh though as my in Laws used to drive up to Double Island point in their EH along with lots of other people, a lot nowadays wouldn't be able to.........

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
If you choose to camp in the area right up the end on Inskip (where Bogged at Inskip is filmed) the sand has a high sulphur content and looks, feels and smells like beer-soaked pub carpet. You can enjoy some close encounters with the equally enjoyable neighbours, who are so close you can smell their breath, you know where both yours and their tents are on the same peg. You won't be needing your own stereo, and time just melts away with the constant 24/7 music .... doof doof doof. There's more personal space, tranquillity and hygiene in Melbs high rise commission flats .... much more. Again, fun place

Reactions: BJM

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
oh please, if you pick the right time of year and camp at one of the sites way before the barge you can have plenty of space, we've been camping up there for over 30 years and yes it has change somewhat but you can still enjoy it, I must admit Melbourne hi rises look very exciting places to stay though (NOT)

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I just drive by in boat or Jeep, only 15 mins from home but have a good moat to keep us seperate.