17' Series Weighing Treg/Trigg Coupling Tow Ball Weights

burnsie

Jan 29, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi All

Probably an easy answer I am sure but just wondering how people measure the tow ball weight on their Jayco when they have a Treg/Trigg hitch?

There are devices out there but so far I have only found ones that are used with the standard ball type coupling

Any ideas?

Cheers

Burnsie

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I had one and wondered the same thing, so I didn't worry about it (you could weigh it using the jockey wheel on a weigh bridge) we all should put our rigs over one at some stage, but what do you do if the results are not what you want??

burnsie

Jan 29, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hey Guys, thanks for the response's, just found that the TowSafe device also has an adaptor, perfect for the Treg/Trigg hitch

TowSafeTowBall.jpg

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I have a towsafe scale but didn't come with the adaptor @burnsie . I borrowed a jig from a hydraulic press from a mates workshop..... Bit of a loose fit but it did the job.

You're quite welcome to borrow the scale but unfortunately my mate doesn't work at the same workshop so can't help with the jig :(
Not sure if I am confident with the accuracy of the scales though as I got fluctuating readings each time I used it!!!!!