17' Series Weber Q

Nolas

Dec 8, 2015
Helensburgh
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone places there Weber Q on the external table or if it is too heavy. We just got a Q2000 and haven't tried it yet. Also where does everyone store theirs? We have a 17.56-2 OB. Thanks :)

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Stored in the back of the ute, we also use it at home. Use it usually on a portable table we have in the van.
Have used it on the external fold down table as well with no issues re weight.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Outside table is too high for Weber ...or maybe I'm a shortarse.

Again, depends where we are but mostly just leave it connected at night. If worried, we run a chain through handles to wheels but mostly don't bother.

Carry it in box on draw bar and have a small table ...just the right size from Freddie's outdoors...so easy to set up and store. Table stored on top of Weber box on draw bar.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
All depends where, when and how long we we stay!!!!!
Short stays we sit the BabyQ on a small $15 table from the reject shop (that is just the right size) under the awning.
Long stays when the annex is up it sits on a larger plastic table under a gazebo out the front.

As for cable and locks..... We only ever lock :ballchain: "everything" up when away with the WA crew from here... Few dodgy ones out there :behindsofa:

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
All depends where, when and how long we we stay!!!!!
Short stays we sit the BabyQ on a small $15 table from the reject shop (that is just the right size) under the awning.
Long stays when the annex is up it sits on a larger plastic table under a gazebo out the front.

As for cable and locks..... We only ever lock :ballchain: "everything" up when away with the WA crew from here... Few dodgy ones out there :behindsofa:

Haha remember these guys

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
We have a folding weber stand the new one looks better then ours. Must just be me I have problems pulling it apart almost everytime.
Currently the Weber on the back deck as home one would not mind a new stand for the van and I leave that one there :)

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
In an ideal world I'd like the weber to be able to slide out from draw bar easily but there's a gas bottle in the way. We could travel with one gas bottle only I guess but I'm too lazy to sort it out.
There would be an advantage with lower ball weight. Also I'm not sure how much long distance travelling, with short stops, we'll be doing in the near future.

So we have to get it out from its nest before bed end is lowered but it is easier than carrying it on back of vehicle.

I think I'll just leave things as they are unless inspiration and enthusiasm strike!

Reactions: dagree

wally

Mar 14, 2016
brisbane
I wanted a better stand for the Weber instead of plastic folding tables / camp kitchens etc .... latest mod is a pull out aluminium slide and when not in use it folds and slides into the 150x50 chassis rail and held in place with a pin. When cooking it slides right out to get away from the van , and then when not in use slides back in close to the van .The top is a folding aluminium table top from an old camping / bbq table and the slide is
40x40x3 mm round edge aluminium . The whole thing cost about 35 bucks .
View attachment 48128

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

steen rasmussen

Oct 3, 2014
Mango Hill, Qld
i am lucky enough to have the front bunk size just big enough to fit the webber in, i have no idea why Jayco changed that in the current models - another one of their ridiculous design decisions without thinking of the end user. Anyway, i set up a table outside the front bunk and use a bike chain to attach to the front of the van. Weather has never been an issue as leave the cover on when not using.

Way too many dodgy people out there unfortunately, same goes with the Engel so lock everything up.

Reactions: Drover

SkinnyBuddah

Jul 12, 2015
Ballarat
I have a 17-56-2 and the Weber goes in a bag I purchased from rays for $50 that fits the larger model as Weber don't make a bag for it.

The Weber folding stand is what I use for mine. Two thumb clips to fold it down. All stows under the dining table during transport.

Have never thought about locking it up. Will add that to the list of ideas to do next. Gps tracking for the BBQ perhaps. Hahaha